Interest Macross 30 Game Unites Multiple Macross Heroes in 1 Era
posted on 2012-10-24 01:05 EDT by Egan Loo
This week's issue of Enterbrain's Famitsu magazine reveals that the recently announced Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe game will unite the lead characters from multiple Macross anime titles in one era. The PlayStation 3 action game tells an original story set on the planet of Ouroboros, where a space fold incident has brought together these characters from different eras.
Among the characters and transformable variable fighters that will appear are:
- The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (Lynn Minmay, Hikaru Ichijyo, VF-1S Valkyrie)
- Macross Zero (Shin Kudō, VF-0A)
- Macross Plus (Isamu Dyson, YF-19)
- Macross 7 (Basara Nekki, Mylene Jenius, VF-19 Fire Valkyrie)
- Macross Frontier (Alto Saotome, VF-25F)
The science-fiction romance anime franchise of Macross is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. Artdink is developing Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe for Namco Bandai Games for release next year on the PlayStation 3 console. Haruka Chisuga, a winner of this year's Miss Macross 30 contest, will sing the theme song produced by Vocaloid composer kz.