Madman Announce Encore Screenings of The Last -Naruto the Movie-
posted on by Jon Hayward
Madman Entertainment made the announcement today over facebook and email. The screenings will be taking place across Australia and New Zealand between this Thursday the 22nd and Tuesday the 27th of January 2015 with the participating Hoyts theatres in Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia having screenings on Monday the 26th. Watching ninjas with your friends doesn't sound like a bad way to spend your Australia Day!
Details on all screenings can be found at reelanime.com or below;
The Last -Naruto the Movie- Locations and Times
- Event Cinemas – George St, Sydney: Saturday 11:30am & Sunday 11:30am [Tickets]
- Hoyts Chatswood Westfield: Saturday 4:20pm, Sunday 4:20pm & Monday 4:20pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Broadway: Saturday 4:30pm, Sunday 4:30pm & Monday 4:30pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Penrith: Saturday 4:10pm, Sunday 4:10pm & Monday 4:10pm [Tickets]
- Cinema Nova – Carlton: Thursday, 12:30pm, Saturday 11:00am, Sunday 11:00am & Tuesday 12:30pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Eastland: Saturday 4:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm & Monday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Melbourne Central: Saturday 3:50pm, Sunday 3:50pm & Monday 3:50pm [Tickets]
- Event Cinemas - Myer Centre: Saturday 2:20pm & Sunday 2:20pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Sunnybank: Saturday 4:40pm, Sunday 4:40pm & Monday 4:40pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Tea Tree Plaza: Saturday 4:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm & Monday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Carousel: Saturday 4:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm & Monday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- New Zealand
- Bay City Cinemas - Tauranga: Saturday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- Event Cinemas - Albany: Saturday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- Event Cinemas - New Plymouth: Saturday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Sylvia Park - Auckland: Saturday 4:00pm & Sunday 4:00pm [Tickets]
- Hoyts Riccarton - Christchurch: Saturday 3:35pm [Tickets]
- Metro by Hoyts - Hamilton: Saturday 4:15pm [Tickets]
- Paramount Theatre - Wellington: Saturday 3:30pm [Tickets]
The Last -Naruto the Movie-
From Madman's press-release;
The moon is approaching dangerously close to Earth! Unless something is done, the moon will disintegrate, showering the earth with gigantic meteorites. As the clock ticks towards the end of the world, can Naruto save the earth from this crisis? The final chapter of Naruto's story unfolds!
The Last -Naruto the Movie- opened in Japanese theaters on December 6 2014 and was the first Naruto film in two years. The film is also part of the larger "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project) marking the 15th anniversary of the original manga. Manga creator Masashi Kishimoto is credited with the original story, character designs, and chief story supervisor of the film. In particular, he is drawing new designs for the title character in the movie, as well as for other characters. Tsuneo Kobayashi (The Twelve Kingdoms, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Kurokami The Animation) is directing the film, and Sukima Switch is contributing the main theme song as well as voice-acting ninja.
When The Last - Naruto the Movie- opened in Japan 396,280 tickets were sold for a taking of 515,331,800 yen (about AUD$5.2 million) over 266 screens. in the first week, catapulting the film to the #1 spot for the week.
Viz Media and Eleven Arts are running a U.S. theatrical season from the 20th of February 2015 across 21 theaters.
Madman Entertainment will also release The Last -Naruto the Movie- to home video in 2015, you can view the press-release here.