Promare Anime Film's Opening Action Scene Streamed
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
TOHO animation began streaming the opening action scene for Studio Trigger and XFlag's original anime film Promare on Tuesday.
The film will open in Japan on May 24. Theatergoers will receive character cards with serial codes to grant access to advance streaming of a prequel anime. The all-new 10-minute "Galo-hen" anime will be set one day before the events of the film.
The film stars:
- Ken'ichi Matsuyama as Galo Thymos
- Taichi Saotome as Lio Fotia
- Masato Sakai as Kray Foresight
- Ayane Sakura as Aina Ardebit
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Remi Puguna
- Tetsu Inada as Varys Truss
- Mayumi Shintani as Lucia Fex
- Rikiya Koyama as Ignis Ex
- Comedian Kendo Kobayashi as Vinny
- Arata Furuta as Deus Prometh
- Ami Koshimizu as Heris Ardebit
- Taiten Kusonoki as Vulcan Haestus
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Gueira
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Meis
- Ryoka Yuzuki as Biar Colossus
Director Hiroyuki Imaishi and scriptwriter Kazuki Nakashima are teaming again for the new project at Trigger. Trigger and Nakashima are credited with the original work. Shigeto Koyama is in charge of character design and mechanical design, and Sushio (Kill la Kill) is involved as an animator. Tomotaka Kubo (Mary and The Witch's Flower) is the art director, and Saishi Ichiko is in charge of logo design. Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill) is composing the music. SANZIGEN Animation Studio is handling the 3DCG animation. XFlag is credited with production, and TOHO will distribute the film.
The anime's protagonist is Galo, a new recruit in a rescue team. The anime will have mechs called "Matoi-Tech," named after the "matoi" banners that Edo-period firefighting units used.
The staff previously mentioned that the anime will be similar in tone to Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann — Imaishi and Nakashima's previous two collaborations.