News Super Lovers TV Anime Has 10 Episodes, Gets Anime DVD with 10th Manga Volume
posted on 2016-03-25 05:45 EDT
A flyer at the AnimeJapan event revealed on Friday that the television anime of Miyuki Abe's boys-love manga Super Lovers will have 10 episodes, with each episode being 30 minutes long. Additionally, the official website for the series announced on March 18 that a limited edition of the manga's 10th volume will include a "premium anime DVD." The anime will be one episode that is approximately 20 minutes long. The deadline to pre-order the limited edition is October 18, and the manga volume with the DVD will ship on January 1, 2017. The limited edition retails for 3,980 yen (about US$35).
The television anime series will premiere on AT-X on April 6 at 11:30 p.m. before airing on Tokyo MX on April 7 at 1:35 a.m. The series will also air on Sun TV, BS11, Chiba TV, tvk, Mie TV, TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting, Gifu Broadcasting, and TV Saitama.
The show's full cast includes:
- Junko Minagawa as Ren Kaidō, the youngest brother
- Tomoaki Maeno as Haru Kaidō, the oldest brother
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Aki Kaidō, the older of the twin brothers
- Takuma Terashima as Shima Kaidō, the younger of the twin brothers
- Ayumu Murase as Ikuyoshi Sasaki, Haru's co-worker when he was a host
- Jun Fukushima as Jūzen Kurosaki, Ren's classmate and friend
- Atsuko Tanaka as Haruko D. (Daniella) Dieckmann, Haru's mother and Ren's foster mother
- Yoko Soumi as Mikiko Kashiwagi, a lawyer who's friends with Haruko
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Kiri Kondō, Ren's friend
- Mitsuki Saiga as Kiyoka, Haru's classmate and co-manager at the café and bar
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Shirō Takamura, the nurse at Ren's school
Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie, Log Horizon) is helming the TV anime at Studio DEEN. Yoshiko Nakamura (Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Hakuōki, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) is supervising the series scripts. Miki Takihara (Squid Girl, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Yuri Kuma Arashi) is designing the characters, and Nippon Columbia is producing the music. Yūsuke Yuta is performing the opening theme song "Okaeri." (Welcome Home). The voice actor unit Kaidō 4 Kyōdai (Kaidō 4 Brothers) is performing the ending theme song "Happiness YOU&ME." The unit is made up of the voice actors for Ren, Haru, Aki, and Shima.
The manga's story begins with a high school boy named Haru and his mother living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another.