The List 6 Drool-Worthy and Dangerous Librarians
by Lynzee Loveridge,
The sexy librarian is a character staple, but nothing's better than a bookworm that'll take you down intellectually and in combat.
6. Vivio Takamachi (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS) The adopted daughter of Nanoha and Fate, Vivio lands herself as a job as librarian of the Infinity Library at the age of nine. With access to a seemingly endless collection of magical information, Vivio also had the upper hand as the last genetic descendant of the Sankt Kaisers of Ancient Belka, the rulers of the lost homeworld of the magical civilization. When she's forcibly aged, she's able to hold her own against Nanoha while also showing that she grows up to be quite the attractive young lady.
5. Lilith (Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito) Guardian to the library of worlds, Lillith's magic abilities allow her to traverse freely in search of the library's former caretaker, Eve. She also possesses the abilities to summon demons and use souls for her own whims. Lilith flirts relentlessly with Hazuki, the anime's protagonist while her character design plays up the stereotypical librarian: garters, pencil skirt, button-up shirt with the exception of the giant sentient hat.
4. Akane Mishima (Kämpfer) Akane appears to be your average bookworm, with large rounded glasses and a shy demeanor. When she transforms into her Kämpfer form, however, her hair turns a bright shade of red and she becomes much more aggressive. She wields a Springfield Armory Loaded M1911A1, a semi-automatic .45 caliber pistol used exclusively by the FBI regional SWAT teams and the Hostage Rescue Team. When she's not kicking ass, Akane works as a library aide at Seitetsu Gakuin High School and regularly misinterprets her friend's statements for something more risque.
3. Dalian (The Mystic Archives of Dantalian) Dalian, like the other princess bookkeepers are really librarians unto themselves. Dalian is a gateway to the Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian, a series of 900,666 apocrypha about demons. The books give her Keykepper, Huey, the ability to do unheard of things, like destroy dragons. Dalian herself is much older than her appearance and rather arrogant about her intellect. She dresses in a gothic style that never quite crosses over into lolita. I'm pretty envious of her wardrobe, myself.
2. Albireo Imma (Negima!) Poor Albireo has been stuck working as a librarian at the Mahora Library Island for the last 10 years, but not without gaining intimate knowledge about anything and everything magical. He can clone a copy of himself with the appearance of any person he's met while simultaneously gaining all their abilities and magic. He is also a master of gravity and healing magic. He's quite popular with Negi's class too, thanks to his bishounen sensibilities.
1. Mattalast Ballory (The Book of Bantorra) The librarians of the Bantorra Library guard the books of the dead, where anyone's past may be read in their corresponding book one they're deceased. It was hard to pick a librarian from The Book of Bantorra when all of them are gorgeous and deadly. Hamyuts might seem the obvious choice, but when it comes down to it, one cannot resist a well-dressed man with a pipe. Always in a suit, he's able to see two seconds into the future, giving him an edge with his weapons of choice: a revolver and an anti-tank rifle. Mattalast is like an anime vision of Sean Connery's James Bond, and there's nothing sexier and more deadly than that.
The new poll: The last poll of 2012! So tell me, of all the anime that aired this year, which anime couple wins best over all? The poll is limited to main couples only, and not harem-anime alternatives (i.e. who you wish the protagonist would of ended up with) Have fun!
The old poll: Last week I asked who is your favorite anime tech-genius. I was surprised to see Cowboy Bebop's Ed win, mostly because I thought that series might have fallen out of favor by now. Here's the full result:
- Ed (Cowboy Bebop) 28.3%
- Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) 21.0%
- The Laughing Man (Ghost in the Shell) 8.6%
- Ami Mizuno (Sailor Moon) 8.3%
- Itaru "Daru" Hashida (Steins;Gate) 7.6%
- Lain (Serial Experiments Lain) 6.1%
- Chisame Hasegawa (Negima!) 4.3%
- Benny (Black Lagoon) 3.5%
- Ritsuko Akagi (Neon Genesis Evangelion) 2.9%
- Takeyama (Angel Beats!) 2.8%
- Minoru Kokubunji (Chobits) 2.2%
- Matsu (Sekirei) 1.9%
- Lumière (Kiddy Grade) 1.8%
- Daichi Sawaguchi (Dennō Coil) 0.8%
Alright everybody, see you all next week! I look forward to your input in the comments and feel free to follow me on Twitter @ANN_Lynzee. or e-mail me at [email protected]
discuss this in the forum (42 posts) |