• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Highschool of the Dead Manga to Resume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
While boobs is the focus in the cover, there is plenty of zombies inside too. So it's a good mix of both.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
xFiveBoltMainx wrote:
what i wan to know is where's season 2?

There are so many variables to the question, that you need to take account for, in order for them to green light a second season of the anime.

How well the DVD/Blu Ray sales did, previous tankoban volumes sold, related merchandise etc.

But I hope they did well enough for a second seasoon, because like you, I'd love to see another 12+ episodes to see what happens with our troubled group of on the run teens.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Because the world really needed more of this shit. Ugh.

The only merits of this thing has going for it is the tits and titillation. And it failed at THAT.

I think this is one of the best animated and fun series I've seen in years. Sure, there's no thought provoking storyline, in-depth character development/background, but who cares? Why are zombies such an entertaining medium? Because it sells. The key selling point is that anyone who reads/watches any Zombie related medium, can place themselves in that survival situation.

The fact that H.O.T.D. has attractive girls with plenty of fan service, gore and to me, a high producation value, makes it a pretty good sell.

If you don't like it, then don't purchase any of the manga/Blu Ray when it's available here, in the US.

I for one, am very excited about the contiuation and would love a second season of the anime.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
Im still gaggin to get hold of the omnibus yen put out. its available but i just cant seem to part with the cash. soon tho
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
How well the DVD/Blu Ray sales did, previous tankoban volumes sold, related merchandise etc.

But I hope they did well enough for a second seasoon, because like you, I'd love to see another 12+ episodes to see what happens with our troubled group of on the run teens.

That's all done fine in sales, the problem with a season 2 is needing enough source material so it doesn't wind up in original-only land. They've already shown that they wind up at the mall, so we know that arc is next, and it's exactly what'd you expect from a zombie survival story with people trapped in a mall.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Toriko36 wrote:

That's all done fine in sales, the problem with a season 2 is needing enough source material so it doesn't wind up in original-only land. They've already shown that they wind up at the mall, so we know that arc is next, and it's exactly what'd you expect from a zombie survival story with people trapped in a mall.

I do remember the sales being good, while they were being released in Japan. Plus, they just released the entire season on Blu Ray, in one complete box set. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNXA-1307

Hopefully that sells a few thousand copies and can pique more interest in the manga, when it finally resumes.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Very nice. Too bad we didn't get an actual date, though. But still, good news!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I hope the anime also resumes with S2!!!
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
YAY! More badass Kouta Hirano! Very Happy
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
My best friend in the whole world is a huge fan of HOTD. He'll love this news.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

The only merits of this thing has going for it is the tits and titillation. And it failed at THAT.

Says you. I watched it for the zombies.
It's fine if you don't like it, but please, don't speak for the rest of us. I'm really excited that it's coming back.

Same here. I get absolutely nothing out of the fan service, though I will say that "Booblet Time" was pretty hilarious. I think it was very well done from the zombie aspect. In fact, it was much better done than most American and Japanese zombie films. I would love to see more of the manga and the anime.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
More of that nicely plump and developed PLOT Laughing

I've been holding off on getting volumes for the longest time now but if its coming back and stays consistant, It'd do me good to start collecting while volumes are lo- oh wait, I still live with my folk...too big of a risk...
RGaspar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
Hm. Why was it in hiatus, anyway? Did one of the Satos get sick or something?

Inazuma definitely wasn't. He's been cranking out his own poor manga and his excellent doujinshi the entire time, so it must have been the writer's laziness.

Quoted for truth. I don't know about his own poor manga, but Inazuma's doujinshi are still coming every Comiket or so.

Btw, the company that's publishing HOTD in my country stated that the authors can't stand each other, since they are actually brothers. So, one of the reasons for the hiatus is their own little quarrels.
Adamb15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I disagree. The tits were fantastic, mind you, but I disagree.

The story was fantastic. Show me another anime/manga with the production values as good as HoTD that goes down the apocalypse/zombie route without it being some weird magical girl or ultra depressing story.
tehnoob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
i was waiting for this day...i've made ann my home page since the last chapter came out. after almost TWO YEARS...ARGHHHHHH GET HYPE
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3