• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
your favorite gundam is....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC206

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
I love ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam because of it's weaponry. Also because of it's design and how's its complex
squeakyL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
squeakyL wrote:
Take Unit 3 out of its mobile armor thingy, though, and it was just beautiful.
Sticking it in there made it hideous. Too bad you only get to see it in its pure form for only a few moments at the very end.

I dunno, personally I found the Dendrobium Orchis to be quite impressive. Much more streamlined and capable than other supplemental units of its type (G-Armor, METEOR, etc.), and it did an excellent job of exemplifying the raw power it brought to bore. It was big and bulky, but quite nimble, and impressively destructive, in my opinion. Though that's not to detract from the Dendrobium Stamen though, which I agree was perhaps the best standalone Gundam design of that series.

I agree that it was damn impressive and powerful, my only issue with it was that when the two were put together, they didn't look streamlined at all. It was like a block with a torso sticking out of it. It was also a hell of a lot more practical than the other units of that type, it had compartments that could be ejected when damaged, and in the compartments were not only tons of missiles to launch (a la meteor), but also storage for weapons the individual unit 3 could use, which matched the extending arms perfectly.
All in all, there's no denying that the unit 3 "system" put together was very impressive, I just thought the gundam itself looked a lot nicer on its own.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I have a few Gundams I really like.

God Gundam: Probably my favorite one. In terms of design, I like how the wings split into 6 segments, not sure what it is about that little gimmick but I really like the way it makes the God Gundam look. Other than that there's the Exploding God Finger, Sekiha Tenkyoken, and I'm just a big fan of G Gundam. I'm also gonna use the SRW/GGenerations argument. Nice blend of super and real robot. It could damage and dodge making the unit a friggin beast.

Zeta Gundam: Everyone's pretty much stated the reasons why this is a favorite. The design is still unique even to this day. Compared to other Gundams and robots and general the Zeta has a "flipped" shield which, thanks to the design simply works. Plus there's the nifty Wave Rider transformation on the fly, and how can you go wrong with the Bio Sensor?

Hi-Nu Gundam: I'm also a fan of Nu, but the Hi-Nu is just awesome. Mainly because at least to me, it looks like a Gundam that you would see in an AU series that was put into UC, and for the most part doesn't seem out of place at all. It's too bad that more than likely unless it's in video game format and SD we won't get to see this baby animated.

Gundam Double X: Once again this is mainly series bias. Not only that, but it's one of the few Gundams I've seen (and I think the only title Gundam) that seems to favor being able to take a beating over being mobile (although it wasn't exactly slow). And naturally there's the Satellite Cannon.

Turn A Gundam: Did someone say unique? There's not much about this design I can think of that's not original. The beam rifle alone is far from your standard Gundam arsenal, and just take a look at that pretty mustache.
Wingfreedomstriker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I have lots of favorite Gundams, too many to name, I also collect the scale models Smile , but I'll name the ones I really like

Strike Freedom Gundam- one of the most powerfull mobile suits, it can destroy numerous enemies at the same time using the Dragoon system.(without even hitting the cockpits)

Gundam HeavyArms custom- this Mobile suit has lots of firepower, there are machineguns and missiles attached to almost all of its body.

Impulse Gundam- I like the weapons it uses, he can change his weapons in the middle of the battle.

Deathscythe Hell Custom Gundam- this Gundam has a cool scythe, it also has the hyper jammer, this thing makes the enemy radar useless, this the enemy can't see him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Well to be fair I don't think that the GP03 was completed until shortly before Operation Stardust started...and even then any minor improvements would have to be rushed.

JC206 wrote:
I love ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam because of it's weaponry. Also because of it's design and how's its complex

...complex?

TranceLimit174 wrote:
God Gundam: Probably my favorite one. In terms of design, I like how the wings split into 6 segments, not sure what it is about that little gimmick but I really like the way it makes the God Gundam look.

Maybe because it forms a Halo? Wink

And the Mobile Fighters are Supers.

Wingfreedomstriker wrote:
Deathscythe Hell Custom Gundam- this Gundam has a cool scythe, it also has the hyper jammer, this thing makes the enemy radar useless, this the enemy can't see him.

When in Gundam was radar not useless?
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:23 am Reply with quote
OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapiusfrom Gundam Wing Last OutPost.
http://www.geocities.com/ac_gundam_w/OZ-10VMSX.html
I like it because of it's Standard and Close Combat Modes.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
The "Gundam" MS lack variety to me. My favorite Gundam would be the Mk-II since it resembles the RX-78, but looks so much cooler. I believe Nagano and Fujita both had a hand in working on this Okawara masterpiece. The amazing MG 2.0 kit got released a few months ago. I really like the Messala and the Gaplant, and believe that Fujita added a neat sensability to MS designs that hasn't been emulated since. The darker colors work very well for MS. The Geymark and the Doben Wolf are also really neat in contour. I've always loved bits/funnels/incom systems. Amongst the newer series the Astray has an interesting look. The details on it's arms and legs seem unique to me.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Strike Freedom Gundam- one of the most powerfull mobile suits, it can destroy numerous enemies at the same time using the Dragoon system.(without even hitting the cockpits)

If I remember correctly the dragoon system was copied off a gundam from a previous series (typical of the SEED franchise)

Gundam HeavyArms custom- this Mobile suit has lots of firepower, there are machineguns and missiles attached to almost all of its body.

Actually in the OVA/Movie its never referred with the "custom". I think that was just a marketing thing with the toy as not to confuse people with the HeavyArms from the series.

Impulse Gundam- I like the weapons it uses, he can change his weapons in the middle of the battle.

The Impulse is basically just a beefed up Strike with double the weaponry, tripled the colours and comprised of 3 different parts to form the mobilesuit.

Even though he had the cloak it didn't stop him from being shot at. As Super Arrow stated its cloak isn't immune to radar.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
DRAGOONs are a vastly inferior version of the Bits & Funnels from X and the Universal Century: hell, even Incoms are better.

And I gotta make note of my love for the Bawoo as well: there really should be more Mobile Suits made up of separate, Transforming parts. It's such an ingenious-if complex-idea.
Wingfreedomstriker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:

If I remember correctly the dragoon system was copied off a gundam from a previous series (typical of the SEED franchise)

Actually in the OVA/Movie its never referred with the "custom". I think that was just a marketing thing with the toy as not to confuse people with the HeavyArms from the series.

The Impulse is basically just a beefed up Strike with double the weaponry, tripled the colours and comprised of 3 different parts to form the mobilesuit.

Even though he had the cloak it didn't stop him from being shot at. As Super Arrow stated its cloak isn't immune to radar.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90

-about the Strike Freedom's Dragoon system, it was copied from the Providence Gundam.
-I reffered heavyarms as "custom" to specify that the heavyarms that i'm talking about is the one in Endless waltz.
-about the Impulse Gundam, I think It's much better than the Strike, even though it was made to look like it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote
My favorite has always been the Upgraded Deathsythe from the latter half of Gundam Wing dubbed Deathsythe Hell. It just looks awesome to begin with with with those huge foldable black wings. It also has some impressive tech such as the Active Cloak, and Hyper Jammers. The upgraded sythe with two beams helps too. Also like it because of this scene...

Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:

In all of the Japanese reference materials, it was always referred to as the "Heavyarms Kai." Sandrock's Endless Waltz version was given the same treatment, while Wing Zero, Deathscythe Hell, and Alto-Long had their names go unaltered.

-about the Strike Freedom's Dragoon system, it was copied from the Providence Gundam.

Which, as others have said, were derived from the various bit and funnel weapons used throughout previous Gundam incarnations on such suits and armors as the Elmeth, Qubeley, Nu Gundam, Gundam Rose, Jagd Doga, Alpha Azieru, Rafflesia, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Super Arrow wrote:
Well to be fair I don't think that the GP03 was completed until shortly before Operation Stardust started...and even then any minor improvements would have to be rushed.

JC206 wrote:

...complex?

TranceLimit174 wrote:
God Gundam: Probably my favorite one. In terms of design, I like how the wings split into 6 segments, not sure what it is about that little gimmick but I really like the way it makes the God Gundam look.

Maybe because it forms a Halo? Wink

And the Mobile Fighters are Supers.

When in Gundam was radar not useless?

would the name GOD GUNDAM not insinuate that it's going to be powerful....

and oddly i never even noticed the halo.... Very Happy that's pretty damn cool.

going back to the first page, i was wondering why no one was mentioning the strkie freedom...i see it's all back here though Very Happy
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Because Strike Freedom is dull?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6