• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hatsukoi Limited (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David.Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I was all set to declare the creators of Hatsukoi Limited absolute geniuses when we saw Ayumi ring the doorbell at the Zaitsu family home spoiler[and then the ED started]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think it would have been a better ending to leave it like that. It wasn't horrible how it played out; it just could have been better. I mean, if theyre gonna have Ayumi spoiler[pick someone, id much rather it be Misao] . But overall I really enjoyed this series.

And yes Blood-, Eden of the East was much better than K-Yawn (love that lol).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote
I saw the last episode, I guess it tied up everything, but it also said that they still had more to do. I am kind of confused what Ayumi's spoiler[brothers feelings were for his sister, in an ealier ep he whent on about some super love, but we didn't realy see him pursueing his sister.] I quite enjoyed the spoiler[beach scene] though it did feel a bit cheesy, the spoiler[fact that they were finaly saying how they felt was another long awaited thing.] I agree that it could be an alright ending thatspoiler[we dont know which one Ayumi chose, but I guess the choice of still going after the younger one for atleast a little longer, but saying that she is not afraid of Misao and might still date him was an ending that was more realistic and stayed true to the character.]
Mike On Top

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
The chase on the beach ..., well, that was epic.
Hatsukoi Limited was the last series I spoiled myself with, basically catching up by episode 9, but I enjoyed it more than anything with selling romantic point this season. Truth to be told, it heavily reminded me of School Rumble, but then again, Hatsukoi focuses exactly on what Schoool Rumble more or less left unfinished. I liked the boys, especially their trip, I liked the girls - they felt refreshing natural.

I caught myself rooting for the elder Zaitsu brother, 'cause the younger spoiler[was really a lost battle] for Ayumi, and, you know, I also kind of think that unrequired love doesn't mean the end of the world.

Kei underwent the greatest character development, and Doubashi, managed too, as a matter of fact. Perhaps she and her guy are my favourites.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Hatsukoi Limited didn't remind me of School Rumble much except for the setting and the various unrequited love stuff. School Rumble was really all about the goofy and over-the-top humour. And frankly, I thought SR did a HORRIBLE job of handling the romance stuff. Virtually none of the relationships in SR got resolved and what they did with the Tenma - Harima - Karasuma triangle in the Third Semester OVA was nothing short of a travesty.

I'm sorry I checked out the Third Semester, actually. I loved the first two seasons so much that I couldn't help myself. If you are a fan of SR, trust me on this one - there is absolutely nothing to be gained (and something potentionally to be lost) by watching it.

HL did a much better job of wrapping itself up, imo.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I find it ironic that my opinion of Hatsukoi is lower than most of you(thread starter). That said I still think it's rather good. Story is fresh in its premice, and sometimes humor is simply brilliant: "What if your boyfriend is ugly?", "I'd rather die!", Kusuda:"NOOOOO!!!!", but some episodes as well as plot twists still feel a little too melodramatic. Namely I found the "too big for swimming" and "painter" episodes too cliched. "Onii-chan" would fall into that category too if not amasing voice acting and this M@D(Yui's Onii-chan obsession(same voiceactor, voice taken from Hatsukoi)). Also, this is probably just me, but when cast reaches double digit number in a 12 episode series I find it difficult to keep track of not just character names, I ended up rememebering only Enomoto and Kusuda(oh and: "ZAITSU-KUN!!"), but character's relations as well, as who's brother/sister of who and who is friend of whom?

Anyway Hatsukoi is more than worth watching for comedy + romance fans.

Offtopic:

David.Seth wrote:
Eden of the East was much better than K-Yawn (love that lol)

I'll argue that K-ON! deserves one level of rating higher than Eden (this includes you Blood+). If anyone PM's me I'll gladly respond once I finish K-ON! and have all right to compare.(PM only please, don't derail this thread) Wink

I'd like to add that I absolutely agree about School Rumble 3. 40 munutes of my time I can't get back...
Miranox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I finally caught the final episode. I thought this one would suck because it has to resolve too many problems in just 25 minutes. It did feel a bit rushed, but it provides satisfying conclusions for every relationship. Each character was able to justify his or her feelings, so the logic gaps have been filled.

Overall, this series is not really a masterpiece. However, it deserves praise for avoiding a lot of clichés that are present in just about all romance series. The web of relationships is particularly innovative. Each story is quite boring by itself, but together they form 12 episodes of solid entertainment. I'm rating this one Excellent.
TrIkZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote
i caught myself wasting basically a whole day watching it, Well i wouldn't say wasting, more like took up a whole day. and i couldn't wait for the last episode. It was a very cute one and very romantic and funny. It is definitely one of my favorites. I Liked all the relationships. So i was constantly fascinated.

The only problems i saw was that it was kind of predictable. And if you thought someone was going to happen, it did. Even with that it was a great anime, I'm rating this an Excellent.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Damnit, I just finished the series today (my preferred fansubbers took a while), and I agree with Blood-, they should've just left it spoiler[with Ayumi ringing the doorbell.]

I'm disappointed spoiler[that she stuck with her feelings for Mamoru, but I also think she's leaving Misao some hope. Maybe if Mamoru doesn't return her feelings she'll realize Misao is a lot better anyways.
]

I loved the beach scene where spoiler[Misao was reunited with Mamoru and he hugged him like some rag doll, lol.]

Overall, quite an enjoyable series, and I'll be picking this up if anyone licenses it over here.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
I just love it when Kawashita Mizuki added her own flavor to the Boys Be formula... That's why I love it!

Hooray for Enomoto and Kusuda...heheheh
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3