• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Anime's 8 Feistiest Female Redheads

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
If I had presented this list to a my friend he'd have a field day since he's a big fan of redheads.

I managed to come up with a small list of feisty red heads. Some that have been somewhat forgotten.

Shayla-Shayla from El Hazard. Remember her who always had a huge temper flare up. Hell, she could go in the "tsundere" class as well because again she was an aloof character until she started having romantic feelings for Makoto. Surprising that this characteristic existed before the whole "moe" boom.

Ayaka Kisaragi from Phantom Quest Corps. A feisty red-head who's always broke, drinks a lot, jumps on tables and sings bad karaoke but can shake down ghosts and get the job done.

Nao from My-HiME. Great character. Played by her rules and wasn't letting anyone into her circle.

Utena Tenjou from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Nuff said, when you go around beating the girls and the guys in swordfights.

Kallen Stadtfeld from Code Geass.

Stella Harvenheit from Chrono Crusade. You'll forgive me if I'm not choosing from the anime. Yeah, we know it's anime, but it doesn't display the crazy antics of her character as it did in the manga. But in both cases she's rivalish, feisty and agressive as well as levelheaded.

Leona Ozaki from the Dominion Tank Police series. Takes job seriously. Abuses her support and whoa be to those who put a scratch on her baby Bonaparte.

I see quite a bit of discussion for Shana, could she considered a feisty red head? Is she considered a red-head at all when much of the time her hair is black. I've only seen the first half of the story so I wonder if there is more to this. But if she gets a pass then I wonder if 'Birdy' from Birdy the Mighty or Decode fits the bill. Because even though her hair is not fully red depending on the various illustration they seem to enphasize her hair as being red despite the white streaks. Let's not forget her being feisty. This would almost create another list where you have characters that are red-head in one instance but not in another.

There is another feisty red-head I'd like to add, that's if she can be considered one and that's Misaka Mikoto. She probably falls into the list of "red heads who are red heads depending on the artist's interpretation". According to some fans they consider Misaka Mikoto as a red head. In some images her hair color is dark orange whereas in others it's light brown. And feisty? Definitely. Kuroko Shirai goes on that list too. Man talk about that "yuri" business.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
See, see, if this were best anime redheads, then Asuka would have won, with Lina Inverse being second. And you can't argue with me, because this is the internet, and god forbid people have a different opinion.

In all seriousness, despite my personal disagreement, great list. Nice seeing some Ranma recognition!
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Meygaera wrote:
Nice list, did you think about Lina Inverse though?

*ahem*

D'oh. But she could be said to be more orange than red. Maybe? But in the same vein, there's Asuna Kagurazaka from Negima, who easily throws boats when she runs out of shoes and she wields a pretty mean, pretty big, paper fan.

Oh, there's this girl named Excel Excel. It's funny that when I saw Koume, I thought her voice actress, Kotono Mitsuishi, played a greater red head but then thought "But Sailor Moon's blonde...."
Actually, the novels refer to her as a redhead, from what I recall...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Funny that Megumi Hayashibara voiced pig-tailed girl and Lina Inverse................ Laughing

Given that she's one of the most prolific seiyū, it's not that much of a stretch.

She's also well-known for her outright feisty charas through and through, so t'was only a matter of finding redheads. Smile
kamui85

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
wow when i saw the tittle i though Asuka would be #1 for sure...
mach747

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
BloodBerry from Saber Marionette J anyone?
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Leona Ozaki from the Dominion Tank Police series. Takes job seriously. Abuses her support and whoa be to those who put a scratch on her baby Bonaparte.

Gods Above and Below! You reminded me of Noa Izumi of Patlabor! Ohhh imagine Leona and Noa on the same Redheaded team!
mach747

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

trilaan wrote:

Gods Above and Below! You reminded me of Noa Izumi of Patlabor! Ohhh imagine Leona and Noa on the same Redheaded team!

Small problem here. They changed her hair from red to brown in New Dominion Tank Police.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
mach747 wrote:

Small problem here. They changed her hair from red to brown in New Dominion Tank Police.

Noooooooooo-oh, so they did.....well I can change that with my TV color settings.
Raiyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
No Lina Inverse, seriously? And a male takes first? Is it april already?

This is exactly the same as making a list of "Anime's Top Super Saiyans" and leaving out Goku because it would be "expected."

I cannot stand for this injustice.

You must atone for this by watching all of Slayers. Ignorance of Lina's greatness is a travesty.
revial

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:53 am Reply with quote
Meygaera wrote:
Nice list, did you think about Lina Inverse though?

lol. That was literally the very first thought I had after reading the list.

Also, regarding comments about Shinji..."perceived"? Really? Did we watch the same show? :/
loydwarz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Rias Gremory
Quote:
Rias is a young woman who appears to be in her late teens/early twenties with a buxom figure, a light skin tone, and blue-green eyes. Her most distinctive feature is her long, crimson red hair that reaches down to her thighs, with a single hair strand (known in Japan as ahoge (アホ毛), or idiot hair) sticking out from the top. Her hair also has loose bangs covering her forehead and side bangs framing her face.
[/code]
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Raiyou wrote:
No Lina Inverse, seriously? And a male takes first? Is it april already?

This is exactly the same as making a list of "Anime's Top Super Saiyans" and leaving out Goku because it would be "expected."

I cannot stand for this injustice.

You must atone for this by watching all of Slayers. Ignorance of Lina's greatness is a travesty.

April Fool's Day is actually my birthday, so you'll receive zero jokes from me when it rolls around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steel Angel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
mach747 wrote:
BloodBerry from Saber Marionette J anyone?

Oh yea, she'd fit right in.
How could I have forgotten her.... Sad
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
Good point. I think she was my favorite Marionette.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6