• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses School Days, Magical Heart Kokoro-chan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I have the dvd ISO's for the last two episodes of School Days. And those were the only two episodes I cared about.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
YEAH!!!! YEAH!!! YESSSSSS!!!

And I was just looking at some old JP fanart of the characters and then I see this news. I've been wanting this series for sooooo long. To hear that depressing song again, to get pissed off at Sekai, and the whole "nice boat". Ah the memories, the memories, the memes!!! Discotek TAKE MY MONEY!!! TAKE IT ALL!!! I GIVE IT ALL TO YOU!!!

Now please, release Re: Cutie Honey and Denno Coil, and the Devilman man features oh and maybe the Gaogaigar Final OVAs, oh, and the rest of the Higurashi series then I can die a somewhat happy camper.

Sorry folks, but I'm really excited about this. I love news like this. Especially, since it's Discotek and what they've done so far.

Okay, now that I got that out of my system. I cannot wait to add this to my collection. And Ringing Bell Chirin s also going into my collection and the libraries. I'm really glad to get a chance to see some of these older titles. I plan to sometime next year add Mazinger-Z to the library's collection. Students need so see some OS anime robot shows. A teacher here that uses anime and manga as part of his course had asked for material of this nature. But basically of the Mitsuteru Yokoyama variety. But this is a start. I may even consider picking up for myself. We have dates, but there hasn't been any Amazon listings yet.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Would've bought this instantly if it had been licensed 5 years ago. Seems almost pointless now. Bleh.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh god..I remember when I watched the final episode of School Days and I almost vomited at what happened....ugh.

NICE BOAT!
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Arkada of Glass Reflections is going to have to go burn down DiscoTek, after all, he did say he'd do that.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Had a chance to check out the Mazinger-Z sample. It looks good. Was the series remastered at some point?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
School Days? Heck I'll buy it, it's so bad that's it's good, best ending to a harem show ever. Twisted Evil
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Looks like Arkada of Glass Reflections is going to have to go burn down DiscoTek, after all, he did say he'd do that.

Not on my watch! I like Arkada, but Discotek is awesome and I won't let him burn it down! Not after all the awesome titles they've managed to give us when no one else would!

...Yes yes, I know he can't actually do it.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Quote:

Not on my watch! I like Arkada, but Discotek is awesome and I won't let him burn it down! Not after all the awesome titles they've managed to give us when no one else would!

Some people on Twitter - myself included - are trying to talk him into buying a copy and recording a video of him setting it on fire.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Quote:

Some people on Twitter - myself included - are trying to talk him into buying a copy and recording a video of him setting it on fire.

I never understood the point in doing things like this?? Is it just for kicks or to troll/piss off people??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Quote:

That would be the next best thing!
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Quote:

That would be the next best thing!

I love it that this is the anime that Arkada and Podtaku are most synonymous with. Heck, they just did a J-Taku podcast debating the merits of School Days a few days ago.
kanechin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
didn't Arkada say he would have to buy it?
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
So why are people getting so worked up about a sub only DVD release by Discotek?
I can't speak for others, but I consider a dub a nice extra feature. It is not a prerequisite for me to purchase a show, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6