• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
No dub no buy.... I kinda wanted to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! Take my money, NISA! Continue picking up all the quality series that Funimation passes on, and you'll probably get the gem that is Chihayafuru in due time. Very Happy
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

my question is why do you need dubs?? Most if not all have seen this fansubbed already. Is there really any reason you need a dub for it??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I am not at all surprised that NIS grabbed it, it is a perfect fit for them, the fact that all the other companies let them grab it though I think is surprising. also the way they told every about it surprised me to, I would have thought they would announce this at a con. I hope they eventually go back and release a dub for this, just like toradora. also did anyone else notice they announced season 2 of kimi ni todoke.

NIS seems to specialize in shows that are popular in japan but may not be able to do well enough here with a dub. and if that works for them great but they really do need to dub toradora and anohana.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

my question is why do you need dubs?? Most if not all have seen this fansubbed already. Is there really any reason you need a dub for it??

What do existing subs have to do with anything?
Kohii

dtm42 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Freaking perfect. That's ANOTHER series I was excited about that I'll never get to watch.

NISA, please just die. Seriously.

Well that's a mean-spirited and narrow-sighted view to take. I'm happy that it was picked up at all.

I agree. I was actually hoping NISA would pick this one up. I was really hoping to see NISA give it a true "Limited Edition" release (unlike the faux LEs that FUNi puts out, but that I still love, buy, and support).

Capital feat, NISA. I commend you for this. I will be one of the first to pre-order as soon as it's up on Rightstuf.

Last edited by Kohii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ikillchicken

Sima Yi wrote:
I wish NISA would stop localizing anime.

If you think this then you're really just spoiled. I understand that you want a dub but you wanting it doesn't make it financially feasible. This show (and basically all of NISA's shows) never had a shot at a dub. They're just too niche. I mean, what do you think? That Funimation was totally just about to pick this show up and release it as a $30 dubbed DVD? Gimme a break. There's a reason that hasn't happened.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

I think they were commenting on the fact that person is an index fan (which is not yet dubbed) even though they say no dub no sale
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Question about something:

I don't know anyone knows about it but since everyone bitching about a dubs from Sentai, NIS America or Aniplex? Can you make a download English tracks free, from their site after you bought the whole series like example Clannad and etc.

Sentai may have done this but it should be referred to every anime company and we all be happy like singing bees. Very Happy
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Nice pickup. It should do well for NISA. I've heard good things about the show, but never got around to watching it...maybe, one day.

Oh, and lol at the people wanting NISA to die because they don't dub their releases. I guess every R1 licensing company should fold and leave Funimation to do EVERYTHING...that way all releases get a dub and bd/dvd release.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I hope they eventually go back and release a dub for this, just like toradora.

?? When did NISA ever announce they'll re-release the show with a dub?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

That's the sole reason is that I watched them and due in part I will pre-order this day one now becasue of that. My question still remains however why do you need a dub?? Any given reason is better than saying nisa should go off and die.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
darkhappy1 wrote:
Hooray! Take my money, NISA! Continue picking up all the quality series that Funimation passes on, and you'll probably get the gem that is Chihayafuru in due time. Very Happy

Chihayafuru really does sound like NISA's kind of title doesn't it? Fingers crossed for that one.
Yay for AnoHana, I was totally not expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did so I'm happy to see it released over here. Looks like I really need to start planning out when I'll be picking up these NISA releases though, they're a bit pricier than I'd like so I'm really having to budget for them, wonder if TRSI will have enough titles from them to do a sale later in the year like in October or something....
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Dubs,subs,why should it matter as long as it gets a release in the states?if it gets dubbed,great.if it doesn't,great.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
NIS means no dub.

No dub means no buy.

Sorry, but that's how I generally work.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
not to mention that nearly every dub now days is unbearable. Especially if you've heard the Japanese audio. A lot of current VAs don't seem to have the ability to portray the characters properly.

Oh jesus the weeaboos are already coming out of the woodwork how many of you people exist.

I have this video for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Last edited by Chagen46 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12