• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony to Release Devparade's Naruto Ending Theme Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zirdante

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This needs to be done more often, want my OST's and singles from Itunes rather than shipping
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I want it only if the ending theme animation comes with it. It's pretty funny. I doubt I could listen to the song without it.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Zirdante wrote:
This needs to be done more often, want my OST's and singles from Itunes rather than shipping

Yeah, I agree with you 100%... they definitely need to do this more. I just spent a fortune getting the latest Shugo Chara CDs mailed to me.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Now I can finally use up my Japanese iTunes gift card!

For whatever reason, theme songs from the obscure anime always seem to end up on iTunes but not the popular ones. I bought the gift card so I could download the ending to Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto~Natsu no Sora~, and haven't been able to find anything to use it on since.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
This is good news! They need to do this a lot more often.
Zirdante

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:

For whatever reason, theme songs from the obscure anime always seem to end up on iTunes but not the popular ones. I bought the gift card so I could download the ending to Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto~Natsu no Sora~, and haven't been able to find anything to use it on since.

from j-list?
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Actually, it's being made available in the American iTunes store. No foreign gift cards required.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow... that amazing... really, it's about tiem they did those things.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Yes, more Japanese music outside of Japan is extremely good. I tried starting a Japanese CD collection late last year, but it was such a financial burden I quickly dropped it. Prices are lower outside of Japan, so the more Japanese music that leaves Japan, the better.

I'll probably buy this song as soon as I get to the latest episodes and actually hear it (I'm still playing catch-up with the 8-old-episodes per week thing; today's update brings us up to episode 56).
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quote
Very cool, too bad it's such a horrible song. If it wasn't for the great animation for the girls (and really, Naruto does NOT need a "catchy" dance routine...) it would be entirely forgettable.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I really loved Hinata, Ino and sakura in it. Rock Lee and naruto disturbed me a bit though. It's a good move still. Even if the song is annoying though. I hope it extends to regular Jpop too and not just anime songs. I would rather have Namie Amuro's new album then Yuko Goto's new song for an anime I don't even like. So I hope it does well and can expand.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Zirdante wrote:
rizuchan wrote:

from j-list?

Actually, I got it off a different site that I thought might respond faster (Since I was impatient, haha) Though the site turned out to be pretty good, in retrospect I feel like I should have bought it from Jlist since I trust them a lot more.

jsevakis wrote:
Actually, it's being made available in the American iTunes store. No foreign gift cards required.

Yeah, I just noticed that. I'd say, "alas", but I think I still have an American iTunes gift card to use up too. Anime hyper

But really, this is exciting, not for the song, but for the prospect that they might sell more like this on iTunes. I'd much prefer to own the actual singles (I have quite a collection of the stuff Geneon and Bandai released here), but it's a much better alternative to paying $20+ to import a single with 2 songs on it.
Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I would rather have Namie Amuro's new album then Yuko Goto's new song for an anime I don't even like. So I hope it does well and can expand.

Amuro Namie has been on the US iTunes for ages.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
I know I was just using an example. Ok I'll replace Namie Amuro with Kanon Wakeshima.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Its about time that they started doing this. Hopefully its not crazy insane. Japanese CDs are like $50... I hope their MP3 downloads aren't gonna be like $4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2