• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On! Anime's 2nd Season Officially Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goku_B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
cool I can't wait til season 2 comes out.I really like 1st season.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

I thought we where past the phase were people treated this like a religion....huh......
Can't, for the life of me, figure out why. What gave you that impression? Wink
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
I'll just post what I said about K-On elsewhere:

Quote:
Well, it was almost too slice-of-life for me. The opening and ending are bitter deceptions. To be honest I was expecting more music and a "moe Beck" of sorts and in my view that isn't exactly what we got. Too many episodes came down to the band trying to practice and progress and not doing it for one reason or another. It's a light-hearted show and there's something to be said for that, but it also isn't as funny (IMO) as Lucky Star or Haruhi Suzumiya. I dunno...it's not awful but it doesn't excel in anything either.

That said, while unremarkable, much worse was made last year. It's one thing to not like the "moe" trend, it's another to say that this specific show is the bane of the industry. Yeah, I'm annoyed at how its character designs infected Haruhi 2 as well, but the outright hate is a bit much.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:

That said, while unremarkable, much worse was made last year. It's one thing to not like the "moe" trend, it's another to say that this specific show is the bane of the industry. Yeah, I'm annoyed at how its character designs infected Haruhi 2 as well, but the outright hate is a bit much.

More like kannagi did
tsk give credit where it's due
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:

More like kannagi did

True

Kannagi has the moe blob-ish look before Kyoto animation started using it. Even then Kannagi at least pulled the designs off well.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Kirikiri23 wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:

More like kannagi did

True

Kannagi has the moe blob-ish look before Kyoto animation started using it. Even then Kannagi at least pulled the designs off well.

Hey don't be dissin k-on
I like kannagi more but still
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Hey is there anymore Moe shows?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
And the thing is that the release of moe/loli blob shows like K-on and their ilk are a signal that the Japanese are burning the bridges to the international fanbase because of failures on both sides of the Pacific and just get support from the Creepy NEET otaku horde that pay the outrageous prices that dvds/blu rays and ancillary merch they can pump out, but with the current economic situation, how long that will hold out. There's already a massive drain of talent because of the pittance animators are getting paid. The show might get released in the US but following the Sub only formula because this wont appeal to the Standard John/Jane Anime Fan.

I know creepy NEET hikikomori Japanese otaku are easy to make fun of, but should we really be bashing the consumer base that's essentially subsidizing our anime watching? They're willing to pay those "outrageous" prices, yet we in Western fandom are all too quick to come up with excuses not to pay sale prices on anime DVDs, let alone MSRP.
Siliva

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
I feel like hating K-On is the hip thing now along with Evangelion and Naruto. There's no reason to be upset. KyoAni is a studio devoted to moe shows, it's not like Madhouse decided to make it their anime of the season.

Yeah, having an opinion sure is hip with kids and the internet nowadays. If you like something, you have your reasons for liking it. Same for disliking it. I dislike K-On because it's boring, and has flat characters. To me, every moeblob anime is the same.

Maybe it's because I'm not a large otaku and don't get half the jokes they make. (Which is why I like Gintama. I actually get their jokes.)

Back to the point, just stop whining that you don't like K-On. It's getting another season. To me and several others, it's just another anime in 2010 I'll watch for 5 minutes and move on to something we like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7