• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan's Promo Video & More of Cast, Staff Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
that was pretty f'in rad.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, this wasn't previously on my radar, but it is now.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
OH F*** YES, I'M EXCITED NOW.

I love the manga. Borrowed the first two volumes from the library about a month ago, and then immediately went and read the rest because gawd I couldn't wait. I'm definitely buying the series.

And as for the anime, I've been a bit skeptical, because I worried that it's too soon. But damnit, I'm psyched now, and I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is.

Those animation visuals were frickin' sweet. I'm gonna have to re-watch it. Several times even. Very Happy

EDIT: Okay, holy hell, that ending sequence. In terms of giddy rollercoaster excitement having a character zooming down a narrow alley, I'm reminded of the first time I ever saw the Star Wars sequence when Luke goes to blow up the Death Star.

Hoo boy, yeah, I'm probably going to watch this several more times. Giddy little kid mode, activate!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 am Reply with quote
This is gonna be epic! Gotta be one of the best anime, the manga is fricken awesome.

Last edited by cloud8100 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 am Reply with quote
I'm not into the Manga, but this looks pretty promising.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
while Yōko Hikasa is contributing the ending theme.

Oh GOD! This is awesome! Oh Lord!! BANZAI!!!! Anime hyper
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
And the best part is: no romance! None! It's truly wonderful! And it's horrific, grotesque, and truly beautiful. Not at all like that crappy, disappointing piece iof rubbish called BTOOOM! Nope! People die, lots of 'em in very horrific ways. It is too bad Gen isn't doing the scriptwriting, as it is right up his alley.
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
And the best part is: no romance! None! It's truly wonderful! And it's horrific, grotesque, and truly beautiful. Not at all like that crappy, disappointing piece iof rubbish called BTOOOM! Nope! People die, lots of 'em in very horrific ways. It is too bad Gen isn't doing the scriptwriting, as it is right up his alley.

But I love romance, what's wrong with it?
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

But I love romance, what's wrong with it?

Nothing, but like everything, it has a time and a place. Lately, it seems to be in every series, no matter how shoehorned it comes off as. It also tends to favor certain archetypes and thus afford them predictable plot armor. Fortunately, the mangaka in this series has shown no mercy for any of characters, no matter how busty. It's a breath of fresh air. In other words, there are no waifus, husbandos, or moe to be found at all. A change of pace in these action series is always nice every now and then.
N.R.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:20 am Reply with quote
I was just thinking to myself "I wonder when they will make an anime for that God of War ripoff manga" and they just did! Laughing (I'm just kidding. I haven't read the manga but I have a feeling it will be God of War-like).

On a different note, it seems this will be Wit Studio's first anime. It's always interesting to see a series with a fresh, not yet known, animation studio behind it.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(I'm just kidding. I haven't read the manga but I have a feeling it will be God of War-like).

It's more like it's 19th century Germany and winter is coming. Big walls, man-eating giants behind 'em and everything is about the go horribly wrong.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
That was a very compelling trailer. It feels like a while since I've seen something seriously weird and distinct like this on the anime landscape, that doesn't feel like it's pandering to any particular demographic. It's definitely on my radar now.

Agreed.

Divineking wrote:
That trailer was beastly and nice to know Sawano's doing the music. Really looking forward to the adaption. Also it seems two of the late night MBS slots are already taken so at this point it's pretty obvious this is the Nichigou show for Spring.

Yeah, that trailer was amazing and I love Sawano's music, really exciting staff collected for this.

I've loved all of his recent soundtracks like for Gundam Unicorn and Blue Exorcist, this is going to have a stunning OST I think looking at the scale of that trailer, even the trailer track was a great choice to get me excited.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
There are a lot of anime projects that promised to be grandiose, but turned out to be insulting to viewer's intelligence. However, there are cases when the promise was kept. Lets hope this show is going to be great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2