• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funi Adds Trigun Film, Moyashimon, Shiki, Black Butler 2, Sekirei 2, More

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silencer226

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
They got Shakugan no Shana, the movie, ova, and season 2, holy crap!

Funimation wins! They also got Index and Railgun... *wallet cries*.
Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Flashbacks to 2002 ADV anyone? They are clogging up the market with way too much shit. Say what you will about the quality of these shows, but that's just way too much.

I'm really excited about Moyashimon and stuff, but...I'll stop there.

I doubt very seriously that most of these titles we not be out until next year.
egoist

KanjiiZ wrote:
They are clogging up the market with way too much shit. Say what you will about the quality of these shows, but that's just way too much.

Keep in mind that the newest ones are simulcast licenses (top), and the bottom ones are rescues.
Supermutant

Let see Black Butler 2 simlucast, Index and Railgun, Trigun Movie, Black Lagoon OVA, Hellsing Ultimate 5-7, Shana Season 2/Movie/OVA, Armitage III, Ai Yori Aoshi, the Tenchi that Geneon released they didn't have, Habane Renmei, Hellsing TV, and oh yeah Darker Than Black 2. Holy cow. Of course it would have been nice to see a certain series that has initial s and m but that would be dreaming.

Last edited by Supermutant on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
28076004505531 wrote:
yay to all of them...where is dennou coil?....

I recently priced the R2 DVDs. It would cost me something like $400 to import a set. It almost feels worth it sometimes.

Huh. I completely missed that Shana license. Cool.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
KanjiiZ wrote:
They are clogging up the market with way too much shit. Say what you will about the quality of these shows, but that's just way too much.

Keep in mind that the newest ones are simulcast licenses (top), and the bottom ones are rescues.

The simulcasts are all okay and I'm glad they're out there. Good job to FUNImation for getting that out there. I'm personally waiting for any news on a Blu-Ray of Black Lagoon with an english dub. That's the only way to watch Black Lagoon.

But I have to ask, what's with anime like Armitage and Ai Yori Aoshi? You have to wonder if anyone was even curious in those series.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
None of these interested me...(Still nothing on any future episodes of Case Closed being dubbed).

I guess congrats to the Shakugan no Shana fans. I know they been asking for season 2 for quite a while now.

Still confused about the Darker Than Black Season 2 news...
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Almaz wrote:
KanjiiZ wrote:
Flashbacks to 2002 ADV anyone? They are clogging up the market with way too much shit. Say what you will about the quality of these shows, but that's just way too much.

I'm really excited about Moyashimon and stuff, but...I'll stop there.

I doubt very seriously that most of these titles we not be out until next year.

True, but it's still an awful lot of re-releases that won't even be carried by places like Best Buy. Some of those title notably underperformed when Geneon had them and are still readily available online. Soon they will be in the bargain bin at Right Stuf, and Funi will be competing against $5 DVDs. It could be a hard sell for many of these.

I still keep seeing too many parallels between what Funi is doing now and ADV did back then. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a manga division at this point. **rolls eyes** The only saving grace, as it is for Sentai, is that many of these older and less popular licenses are very cheap now.
redcar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
So much awesome stuff! Finally I can get the rest of Shana Very Happy
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Shiki simulcast (though already knew that was coming since they said they were partners with Noitamina), Index, and rescuing Haibane and Lain.

To those who are fans of the other stuff that got licensed, enjoy.
VanGosroth

So much win.

2011 shall be a great year.
doubleO7

Supermutant wrote:
Let see Black Butler 2 simlucast, Index and Railgun, Trigun Movie, Black Lagoon OVA, Hellsing Ultimate 5-7, Shana Season 2/Movie/OVA, Armitage III, Ai Yori Aoshi, the Tenchi that Geneon released they didn't have, Habane Renmei, Hellsing TV, and oh yeah Darker Than Black 2. Holy cow. Of course it would have been nice to see a certain series that has initial s and m but that would be dreaming.

Yeah, too bad about Sailor Moon, but we still got tons of great series.

My wallet...it weeps Anime cry
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy about Armitage III, but luckily that OVA is already widely available for cheap.

Quote:
licensed the live-action Moyashimon television series

This is kind of weird though. Usually these live-action series are just...aggravating and not worth the time.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
v1cious

KanjiiZ wrote:

Are you serious? this is probably the best move they could make in their position. when you own about 80% of the market, there's no way you can lose. ADV failed because they made some stupid business decisions. Mainly putting all of their eggs into one basket.

anyways... I am so glad they're release the rest of Hellsing Ultimate. They win the con for that alone.
kel aka gandy

Wonder when they're going to start the simulcasts of Black Butler 2 and Legend of the Legendary Heroes since they've both already had first episodes aired.

But I'm seriously excited that they're still doing to noitaminA simulcasts~ I definitely didn't expect them to get the live action Moyashimon. (now I wish they'd pick up the back-library of noitaminA titles.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 18