• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Robotech Live-Action?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote
I don't know why but I got this vision of "Power Rangers in airplanes" when I read this. Wink
metalformer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Hope this happens. The Transformers live movie is in the limbo right now and I am not very hopeful to see Megatron as a "live" (CGI) character. As a matter of fact, I don't bother checking the updates so I don't harvest big expectations just to be disapointed! Sad

In any case, I just hope the right people handle the movie. Somebidy that does know what (s)he's doing and cares about the fans and is not just looking to milk as much $$$ out of the movie as possible, even if the movie is a big pile of protoculture waste! Evil or Very Mad
meximofoloco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
If you look at the Kickstart In Production page and look at the images at the top, they still have this image there...dunno if it means live action or not...I guess it could be the animation direct-to-video thing...

Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Without studio support, it's unlikely to happen.

Just because the owner/distributor of a license wants a film to be made from the property they control doesn't mean that a major studio is guaranteed to greenlight it.

And there's a typo right there in the caption (should be "attached", not "attaches"), so I don't have a huge amount of confidence in this venture.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2