• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shippers Rejoice! 10,000 Anime Fans Pick Their Favorite Same-Sex Pairings

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
Pixiv is just one website, and over the years more western artists have started using it so it's not a good indication of Japanese popularity or taste. Most Japanese artists upload their artwork to their own persona fc2 or livedoor blogs. Especially some of the more prominent artists.

In general artists are just one section of a fandom. You don't have to know how to draw to have an opinon or weigh in on a poll. Limiting it to just artists is unbalanced.

Pixiv is not "just one website", it is bar none the most predominate place people use, which is why it's a good litmus test when doing general polls, such as this. Also, the number of western artists that use Pixiv can be counted on two hands. That's like saying deviantart is not a valid source of information because a handful of Japanese artists use it. And more often than not what artists on their blog they later put on Pixiv. It is very common on Pixiv to see artists post their "Twitter log" which is just a compilation of all their work done on twitter over a certain period of time. While this does not always happen, it happens more than enough to be used a valid statistical measurement.

Secondly, I wasn't just limiting it to artists. As I noted, and gave a picture of, the highest ranked art for the whole yuri category is KyouSaya. The popularity is not based on the artists, it's based on the users in general.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
Neko-sensei wrote:
What I take from this poll is that the male respondents were fine with female or male same-sex couples, but female respondents were only really interested in male same-sex couples. I have no idea what conclusion to draw.

I just wonder how many gays, lesbians or bisexuals answered this poll. It becomes particularly interesting with the number of couples ofthe same gender as the voter.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Quote:
What Same-Sex Anime Couple Do You Think Most Suits One Another? (Men)
9. Goku x Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
11. Lupin III x Daisuke Jigen (Lupin III)
12. Naruto Uzamaki x Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
13. Edward Elric x Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
14. Gon Freecss x Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter)
15. Accelerator x Toma Kamijo (A Certain... series)
16. Akihisa Yoshii x Yūji Sakamoto (Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts)
18. Sei Iori x Reiji (Gundam Build Fighters)
19. Kira Yamato x Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)
20. Moritaka Mashiro x Akito Takagi (Bakuman)

Laughing

I can guess what you're thinking: Just how many gay or bi men answered this poll.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5