• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Vote For the Manga Series They Want to See End

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
That's a tough question, since those series are popular for a reason. It is like choosing between eating your last Oreo now or keep it for tomorrow (and then do the whole routine again)
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The title is a little bit misleading. Wanting to see something end is almost always going to be negative. Looking forward to the ending of something is more likely to be positive. When I read the title and then jumped right to the list it was a bit confusing until I read the text. I definitely look forward to seeing the end of One Piece, but don't want to see it end.

Bleach on the other hand has been a train wreck for a few years now. That's one series I think people actually do want to see end. Doesn't really feel like Kubo knows where he's going with the story and the death toll has been needlessly high (on both sides).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Desunaito

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
no one reads bleach anymore =D

one piece, boku hero, ansatsu are the new big 3 !

Last edited by Desunaito on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Black Lagoon, D.Gray-man, and Highschool of the Dead are all on stuck in Nowareville and need to go somewhere. Those would be my choices.

If we can add dropped US releases of series that need their ends published over here, there would be a few more too.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Black Lagoon, D.Gray-man, and Highschool of the Dead are all on stuck in Nowareville and need to go somewhere.

Black Lagoon returned from its hiatus recently and has its 10th volume released in Japan a few months back
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
LoSphinx wrote:
I would love to see berserk go somewhere. He left off right before they got to the island. I need to know more. Maybe it's going to lead into the final arc?

It's not the length, it's the pace...

Last edited by Blanchimont on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
NO!!! HxH must not end
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Black Lagoon, D.Gray-man, and Highschool of the Dead are all on stuck in Nowareville and need to go somewhere.

Black Lagoon returned from its hiatus recently and has its 10th volume released in Japan a few months back

Awesome, I see Rightstuf lists 10 due out in April as well. Cool
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see an ending to Nana. Get well, Yazawa-sensei. I''m looking forward to seeing the ending of Kimi ni Todoke as well, surprised that wasn't on the list.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree with Detective Conan. It's getting to a point where they've introduced so many characters that it's hard to keep track of who exactly some of these people are. Plus eventually they're going to run out of ways that robberies/murders happen before they start repeating themselves.

It's at the point that it's starting to feel like Ah! My Goddess. Where it's been ongoing for over 20 years with the plot moving very slowly.

I know Aoyama mentioned in an interview that the end is close and that it will be "a happy ending". But it feels like something that could've ended within the 10-15 year anniversary of the manga, if they cut out a bunch of the useless cases.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
JoJo already kind of ended with Part 6. Ending spoilers: spoiler[The universe of Part 1-6 gets rebooted for a new one. Part 7-8 is set in a new continuity.]
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Kochikame as the longest running manga of all time just seems not popular at all anywhere but Japan.

One Piece... honestly I never read or watched it and not interested in it, but a lot of people says that it's really good even if it's really long. But I really just can't stand manga which has over 30 tanko.
Detective Conan, in other hand, I was really crazy about this series. I had over 40 volumes but I stopped reading it altogether. I'm tired of it.

But I really am surprised to see Bleach NOT on the list. That's just absurd. I stopped reading when they started to enter Espanola arc or whatever it is called. Or maybe the voters don't even remember that Bleach actually still exists and running?
Ushio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
I have to agree with Detective Conan. It's getting to a point where they've introduced so many characters that it's hard to keep track of who exactly some of these people are. Plus eventually they're going to run out of ways that robberies/murders happen before they start repeating themselves.

It's at the point that it's starting to feel like Ah! My Goddess. Where it's been ongoing for over 20 years with the plot moving very slowly.

I know Aoyama mentioned in an interview that the end is close and that it will be "a happy ending". But it feels like something that could've ended within the 10-15 year anniversary of the manga, if they cut out a bunch of the useless cases.

But Ah my Goddess ended last year and it's only 308 chapters long in comparison that's barely the water 7 arc in One piece.

How about Bio Booster Armour Guyver still got my 7 Viz volumes and it's most recent volume was released in 2014 in Japan.
Ushio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

But I really am surprised to see Bleach NOT on the list. That's just absurd. I stopped reading when they started to enter Espanola arc or whatever it is called. Or maybe the voters don't even remember that Bleach actually still exists and running?

No one cares about Bleach anymore so why would they care if it ended or not. Twisted Evil
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see an ending to RagnaroK. I started that manwha in middle school and it has been on hiatus since. No real idea what happened. It stopped at volume 10 and nary a whisper since. I'm a sucker for Norse mythology, and this was a sort of interesting sequel to those old legends. I miss it terribly.

Also, Bruce Coville, in case you are reading this: I am still waiting to see what happened to Lightfoot! For the love of all that is my childhood and decency, FINISH IT!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7