• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pony Canyon to Localize Sound! Euphonium, Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers, Lances 'N Masques

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Wait, it was announced that Sound! Euphonium would be airing on Crunchyroll? Here I was really worried that they weren't going to get it... But I find it odd that it's been announced, but not by CR themselves?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
Depressing news; I'm interested in Sound Euphonium but not interested in Crunchyroll or Pony Canyon.

Correction; I was interested in Sound Euphonium. Sure, in four months time, I could watch the whole season for free on the CR website- four weeks after the Summer season starts. Maybe? No.

The only good point of the physical release is that it would most likely make the Chuunbiyo special edition seem like a bargain in a market friendly single season collection.

Too much anime, too little time- I mean money. Or perhaps I mean "too much anime, too much internet'?

I like Sentai because at least they give you options, even if it's just "poison a" or "poison b".
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
Good luck on this ambition, Pony Canyon USA.
Antonio Bravo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for Sound Euphonium! Pony Canyon must be good like Aniplex or Funimation good. Nice Move PC. I Hope Pony Canyon could license Hanamaru Kindergarten, My Wish to Be Licensed then Dubbed Anime.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
The only good point of the physical release is that it would most likely make the Chuunbiyo special edition seem like a bargain in a market friendly single season collection.
Yeah. But we didn't get that Chuu2 release until Sentai screwed up by somehow not realising there was demand for an English dub, admitted to their screw up and tried to make amends, announced a collector's edition and the involvement of Emily Neves, went completely silent about it for months, announced a release date and then further delayed it until months later.

By the time it finally came out, we were already about a year removed from Season 2 and well over 2 years removed from Season 1. And the dub itself, while not bad, is of lesser quality than most of the Funimation broadcast dubs that were produced while the show was still airing. That's embarrassing.

I like supporting the anime industry whether it be local distributors like Madman and Siren, US distributors like Funimation or even buying stuff directly from Japan on occasion. But Sentai just keeps on giving me more and more reasons to not want to support them. We do not need more companies following their example. After, all, they already died once before.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
I can't say I'm thrilled that PonyCanyon picked up Euphonium. The chances of me buying that show have decreased dramatically.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2