• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Bakemonogatari

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Best Episode. Still sticks with me.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Perfect summarization of the themes of the series as a whole in this final write up. I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about some of this stuff. Especially in regards to Hanekawa and Araragi and their relationship. Just coming back from seeing the final Kizu film, and it puts it into perspective even more. My friend was kind of complaining about how Nisioisin writes everything to be more complicated than it actually is. Which I found interesting. From my POV, he writes things more complicated than they are usually portrayed in media, but certainly not more complicated than they actually are. Araragi's constant battles with his own self-worth, his desire to save others, maybe his need to feel noble, all of that is a lot more complex than him just being a really good person. From my perspective he comes across as incredibly selfish. Relatably so, but selfish nonetheless. Kizu shows that quite clearly, and although it has been several years since I actually watched bake, I remember it doing the same, and this awesome write up helped to stir up some of those memories. Hopefully the clicks on these write ups were worth it in the end, because I would certainly enjoy more.
Valhern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I think I wouldn't agree as much as I do right now that I watched Tsubasa Tiger in Second Season, because honestly, I could kinda see it in Bakemonogatari, but I kinda needed an actually introspective arc of Hanekawa's life, and after KuroNeko and Tsubasa Tiger Hanekawa easily became one of my favorite characters, even if Tsubasa Cat is not my favorite part of her overall arc.

I won't repeat myself in that I love the series and I hope to catch up quickly enough for Owarimonogatari 2.

aifhak wrote:
always happy to hear someone else started watching it. And if you're watching 2nd season maybe you'll come to like Nadeko a bit more because like I said earlier, while I do think her arc as well as her character are the low points of Bakemonogatari, I did really like her arc in the second season. One of the better openings to an arc if nothing else.

Certainly! I loved the Nadeko Medusa arc, she quickly rose from unintersting and pasive to an incredible character I'm very fond of now. I'm still half into Second Season (not enough time sadly) but yeah, great arc.
senpainotes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Now THIS is a show that deserves a dub.

No, a dub could never do Monogatari justice. The vocal cast of Monogatari might ver well be the best ever assembled for an anime, and the puns are untranslatable anyway
Ramone Fogg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:32 am Reply with quote
what did araragi mean by i hope it catches on? near the end of the ep after the confession andher demand for an answer
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:53 am Reply with quote
Ramone Fogg wrote:
what did araragi mean by i hope it catches on? near the end of the ep after the confession andher demand for an answer
It's referencing the conversation they had in the beginning of the arc, about how Senjougahara wanted to replace the concept of moe (萌え) with tore (蕩れ, translated as "fascination" or "captivation").
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7