• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:23 am Reply with quote
Since it seems to have been left out of the on-screen text translations in the last episode, spoiler[the new tenet added to the Hero Club rules in the epilogue is "Don't push yourself; make sure you are happy too."]
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yuki Yuna is A Hero Season 2 is currently streaming on Amazon's Anime Strike.

Yeeeeaaaah.... About that.... Wink
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
Since it seems to have been left out of the on-screen text translations in the last episode, spoiler[the new tenet added to the Hero Club rules in the epilogue is "Don't push yourself; make sure you are happy too."]

I'm pretty sure I did see a translation of that at some point in that final scene.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
The speaker says something similar, so it's translated, but there's nothing in the subtitles to indicate that the text on the wall is the same or different or approximated or even being referenced.
NightSide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
What exactly happens after that is harder to parse, but my interpretation is that Shinjyu-sama responded to their will by taking a new path to protection

That's also my interpretation as well.

Given that all the previous heros (starting from Nogi Wakaba) only manage to win the battles, but still lose the war, the idea to change human to wheats probably the best. But, somehow spoiler[Tougou, and the other hero's spirit, manage to convince Shinjyu-sama that the Heroes are now strong enough. So, Shinjyu-sama giving Yuna the last of its power to go for offensive, and it's paid well. ]

This show finale is definitely my favorite from last season anime. The combination of visual, acting, and of course, the music, are totally awesome.

If you follow the other "Hero" installments, somehow this is kinda emotional lol. I'm on the verge of tears, starting from when spoiler[Yuna got her final Mankai form to that glorius Hero Punch, and finally farewell to Gyuuki. Just feels like "we finally end this".]

I really hope that Nogi Wakaba, Shiratori Utano and Kusunoki Mebuki, got their own animation.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 pm Reply with quote
For anyone (like me) who was a bit mystified by the ending, Vaisaga (in the show's thread in the Series Discussion forum), provided a summation that makes a lot of sense to me:

Vaisaga wrote:
The Vertex were sent by the heavenly gods to wipe out humanity (Shinju is a fusion of earth based gods). What showed up here wasn't a Vertex, but the heavenly god itself. Shinju was going to turn all humans into god-wheat because it didn't see any other way for humanity to survive. The girls convinced it to put its faith in humanity and to let them live as humans should. So Shinju granted all of its power to Yuuna and combined with good old human will power Yuuna punched out the heavenly god(s) (not sure if it's an amalgam like Shinju). So with the source of the flames gone Shinju was able to restore to outside world, using up all it's power and dying in the process. So now without Shinju to provide for them, humanity has to pick up the pieces and rebuild their world.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 pm Reply with quote
The Shinju-sama going Mankai wouldn't have had a point previously; it's only the fact that the Heavenly Gods fused to form an anti-Shinju that allowed it to happen.
Clover_Zero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that you love it, even as anime-only fan.
Do you perhaps intrigued to read the light novels now? Just wondering.
The spirits scene is much more meaningful and full impact (so much it hurts) if you know previous heroes, including Gin. spoiler[I almost cried when I see Chikage because I'm her fan.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I would find "the bait worked, the enemy's all combined now, we've got the chance to win!" to be thematically a much lamer explanation than the gods decided to reverse the typical relationship by finally having faith in the humans and sacrificing for them. (They use the word "sange," for the Shinju's death, which is the same word for when the girls lost bodily functions in season 1. Again, they don't translate the connection, so if you're just using subtitles, you're missing some of the parallelism)
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm well aware of Shinjuu-sama's death being the ultimate Sange(the fansubs I've used aren't simple rips), but I wasn't trying to imply it was all part of a plan. If you listen to Aki, this was a panic attack by the Heavenly Gods to stop the Taisha in their tracks: to destroy the Shinjuu-sama before the Shinkon could be completed, they effectively threw their entire army in a single choke point where a single, great Mankai could destroy them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 pm Reply with quote
It does feel a bit more surreal if you've followed all the side stories. To see this 300+ year old war finally come to an end like that... It's hard to describe.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote
Clover_Zero wrote:
I'm glad to see that you love it, even as anime-only fan.
Do you perhaps intrigued to read the light novels now? Just wondering.
The spirits scene is much more meaningful and full impact (so much it hurts) if you know previous heroes, including Gin. spoiler[I almost cried when I see Chikage because I'm her fan.]

If they are ever officially translated and released then yes, I will check them out and do reviews for them. I don't do fan translations of novels because I've almost universally found them to be crappy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:54 am Reply with quote
When was the last time you read a fan translated one? All the ones I've read in recent years have been well done.

But speaking of translations, I found Amazon's subs to be problematic at times. While the general meanings are mostly right the wording can be weird and not really match what's being said. There's also how they translate Taisha.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:32 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
When was the last time you read a fan translated one? All the ones I've read in recent years have been well done.

I'll admit it's been a few years. The bigger issue for me these days, though, is that I have zero interest in reading a novel on a laptop; hell, I don't even use tablets or similar devices for such a purpose. I read novels to get away from my electronics for a while, so using something like that would be self-defeating.

And if that makes me an old fogey, well, so be it.

Quote:
But speaking of translations, I found Amazon's subs to be problematic at times. While the general meanings are mostly right the wording can be weird and not really match what's being said. There's also how they translate Taisha.

Yeah, Amazon hasn't done a good job with this series. But that's a separate issue.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 am Reply with quote
I read stuff on my phone, but since YuYuYu content is released in PDFs it's annoying to read since you can't zoom and reflow the text.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8