• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Totaled Recalls

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:09 am Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:

This event is specifically talking about Kojima. Considering the bad blood between them it is to be expected. Kojima is not as innocent as you think he is. You might be surprised to know Kojima is most likely the reason why Konami has abandoned a lot of older game series.

Yet since he left the company the same series still sit in Konami's vault collecting dust or bejng used as games for gambing halls.

gloverrandal wrote:
He was pushing for Konami to focus on the western market.

Which is intresting though as last I checked pachinko and pachislot are not really things in the west.

gloverrandal wrote:

Games that sold poorly there like Suikoden and Goemon were abandoned because of this.

Suikoden V (which was the last entry in the main series) sold less copies in Japan than Suikoden IV, Genso Suikoden which was the last Suikoden related title period (and was only released in Japan) sold little better. The last Goemon game to ever be released here came out in 98.

So while I don't know Konami's reasoning for putting these titles on hiatus I know that Kojima had little to do with it.

gloverrandal wrote:

He may also be behind why Konami decided to outsource the Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania) series to western studios and turn it into an action game.

......which the console Castlevania's were trending in with the N64 titles while the handhelds games were following the forumla of SOTN......which would also include Mirror Of Fate.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:43 am Reply with quote
Pre-Registered for Valkyrie Profile.

I still have all the other games, love this series.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Todd is back, and with it the only other person I know that played Advance Guardian Heroes! Glad to have you back, however short the reunion may be!

And yes, a new Burning Rangers would be great. Get on it, folks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2