• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Fall 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:27 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
Yes Beastars is a serious story & it also majorly includes romance with some sexual scenes.

>furry
>sexual content

That's a hard pass, chief.

I mean it’s used pretty sparingly, like really sparingly. I can count on one hand the scenes someone undressed out of 146 chapters.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:21 am Reply with quote
Right now my current watching plans (in no particular order) are:

Overly Cautious Hero
Granblue S2
We Never Learn S2
Kono Oto S2
Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! S3
Seven Deadly Sins S3
Chihayafuru S3
High Score Girl S2

That's already a lot for me, so I'm not sure if anything else will fit my schedule, but there are a number of other shows I'm keeping an eye on like Beastars and Make my Abilities Avg in addition to some others.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:54 am Reply with quote
Only thing I know I'm watching is Chihayafuru 3. Really glad we got it even after all the live action movies as well as the manga reaching its conclusion.
Moontei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 am Reply with quote
Here are my top 5 most anticipated shows of Fall 2019 with #1 outpacing them all by alot.

1. Chihayafuru (AW YEA been waiting half a decade)

2. My Hero Academia S4 (this upcoming arc is going to be great)

3. Psycho-Pass 3 (wish we got the movies on BD/streaming before this aired)

4. Beastars (curses Netflix jail)

5. The King's Avatar S2 (assuming it actually airs)
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:13 am Reply with quote
Chihayafuru S3 will be the first anime I have watched in 2 years. So, it'll be extra disappointing if it doesn't capture the magic of the first two seasons.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Also how is that any different to a show showing exclusive on say crunchyroll. Honestly a show being on netflix probably gives an anime its largest possible audience for an anime; much larger than any standard anime gets. So those comments make no sense.

Does it though? Just because it's in their catalog, doesn't necessarily mean they're running algorithms in an attempt to bring it more exposure. I have still yet to see any ads for any of the anime netflix has licensed and none of it will even show up on their own walled-garden advertisements (Netflix apps that advertise "originals" when you pause, what's new lists, etc).

I know that none of us have the actual metrics so all we're doing ultimately is still just theory crafting and anecdotal evidence, but in the metropolitan area that I work and live in, I've seen bus and billboard ads for other netflix exclusives and even Neo Yokio. The closest thing I've seen was one lonely ad for Castlevania on a wall. And Netflix's own "Enter the Anime" piece only seems to reinforce that they don't particularly care and are just throwing their weight around.

I get that focusing only on the "For us by us" mentality will result in a shrinking market, but buying things with the intent to sell and quietly putting it on your shelf doesn't really seem like an attempt to grow either. VRV looks like one of the better attempts and trying to broaden the audience. It's a small step but more impactful in my opinion.

On topic though: I was really looking forward to Beastars but... well....

Other ones I'm looking forward to are the F/GO anime and MHA for its music.

Last edited by Zerreth on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
I played Fate/Grand Order, so it is no surprise that I'm all set to look forward to the Babylonia anime.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure where to post this, but the user poll for most anticipated fall 2019 has some issues. For one it says to let them know in the forum if they missed any shows, but the poll doesn't seem to have its own forum thread... Then it has duplicates: Blade of the Immortal and Seven Deadly Sins have two entries. And then it says "What are your most anticipated Summer 2019 anime?" above the first choice. Soooo.... yeah.
Jinbei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:25 pm Reply with quote
My top show for Fall season is first and foremost Blade of the immortal, as it's THE number one manga I've wanted to see animated since 2003(quiet in the peanut-gallery, there! I know there was an attempt 10+ years ago, but let us forget about it. Just shussshh...), then there's MHA s4(mainly due to the Hassaikai/Yakuza arc I happened to like), No gun's life looked cool and Madhouse probably does a good job with it. There's also Chihayafuru s3 but it's been 6-7 years since I watched the earlier ones so my memories are a bit hazy on where we left off..

Then, there's Psycho pass....

*sigh*

Look... I want to be hyped, but after hearing that Tow Ubukata is still in the creative team after the massacre known as 2nd season and some whispers are going around that the PP movies are absolutely necessary... i dunno... I've seen the one movie where they went to Taiwan or singapore or wherever, but the other's I've totally missed. I hope this is good but the same very second things go south production-wise, I'll drop this s**t like a hot potato...

Also... Babylonia.. as in the Fate one... I stopped playing the mobage right before its release, so Babylonia is a storyline i'm not familiar with, aside from the broad strokes. If this goes well, maybe a E Pluribus Unum OVA later on? No? Oh, well... the Camelot movies are still coming so there's that... [/i]
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Then it has duplicates: Blade of the Immortal and Seven Deadly Sins have two entries.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll let us know the results in one single entry without first curating whether a user voted for both. That is, if they ever do end up letting us know.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Though they're not on this list, my choices are Ascendance of a Bookworm, The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious and Kemono Michi: Rise Up. I'm only sticking to the manga of BEASTARS (I couldn't get anything from the anime trailer because of its awful looking animation, I can't stand it), though it sounds like something that could give Fritz the Cat a run for its money, I hope it doesn't go for sexual content over story, that could turn some people off.
AnimusPrime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I'll bet a nickel that Blade of the Immortal (*ahem*, Mugen no Junin: Immortal) is the sleeper seinen show of the season. I'm surprised at the lack of hype.

Then again, us fans of the original comic are in our 30s and 40s now, with better things to do than to express hype on the internet.

Nevertheless...

...hyype!
Oby

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:22 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
If I'm not counting sequels, Kemono Michi, BEASTARS and Abilities Average are all I'm watching, so I'm going to instead do count the sequels and say I'm really looking forward to Gundam Build Divers Re: Fw: Your Reply, because Builders are the only good Gundams I've finished I've finished two other Gundams

Then you need to finish more good Gundams! Very Happy
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
AnimusPrime wrote:
I'll bet a nickel that Blade of the Immortal (*ahem*, Mugen no Junin: Immortal) is the sleeper seinen show of the season. I'm surprised at the lack of hype.

Then again, us fans of the original comic are in our 30s and 40s now, with better things to do than to express hype on the internet.

Nevertheless...

...hyype!

I remember when I was hype for the Bee-Train adaptation.

Then I watched it. I've since learned.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 am Reply with quote
Can I just remind people that Edgy, when referred to a piece of media, means it is fashionable and new.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4