• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Love After World Domination

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:01 pm Reply with quote
It's kind of hilarious how Desumi is barely even trying at her job and yet she still beats out the other Princesses. Her jealous beatdown of Fudo helped.

It was nice to see the spotlight on the Princesses and see Desumi bonding with Steel Princess and Beast Princess over love and seeing herself before going out with Fudo in Steel Princess.

(I saw a lot of people assume Steel Princess' crush was Beast Princess but I doubt she would have openly talked about her crush with her actual crush).

Beast Princess complaining the whole time but taking to the femininity training better was priceless. And she's the flattest. Poor girl.

It's important to be who you are with the person you love rather than something else, especially if who you really are is a busty, raven-haired, beauty with a nice pair of legs. Culverin Bear finally lucked out and has a girlfriend who can help him fight the Gelato 5.

So apparently the kaijin in Gekko are the actual head guys and the Princesses fall under them, which is why Culverin Bear had to ask permission from that snake kaijin to use Steel Princess.

Haru is an amazing wingwoman! I almost wish she had beaten up Blue Gelato. She deserves all that praise.

Desumi had some amazing outfits in this episode...her pilates outfit, her one-piece swimsuit, her casual wear when she visits Fudo, her volleyball uniform, she looked amazing!

I'm glad Fudo's patience for Desumi to feed him paid off even if his mom killed the good mood leading to a kiss. But it did give Desumi a great opportunity to bond with her future mother-in-law and see kid pics of Fudo.

So apparently the Gelato 5 have been a thing since Fudo was a kid so I'm guessing new people join and leave since Fudo grew up to join them and Haru was only recently added to the team. There might even be more than just the five of them since Steel Princess is supposed to be in a different squad than the one they fight.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:00 am Reply with quote
Between this, Kaguya and SPY x FAMILY, (with a nod to In the Heart of Kunoichi Trubaki which I'm really enjoying but is not highly rated) it's been a GREAT Spring season!
Thesarum

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:35 am Reply with quote
You forgot to mention the Culverin Bear totally smashing the OP Grant. Practically the best bit of another consistently strong episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Loved the kids playing ball on the beach with the monsters. Also how Fudo just gives out top secret info to get a date. And plus too also, how Fudo doki-dokis over seeing her in a bikini, given what she normally wears when villaining.

Now I can't wait for Fudo to meet Desumi's family. They seem nice. And it looks like Green Gelato is getting a clue now too. Been waiting for him to get more screen time.
TexZero

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Thesarum wrote:
You forgot to mention the Culverin Bear totally smashing the OP Grant. Practically the best bit of another consistently strong episode.

This 100%.

When crunchy does it's yearly vote this version better be on it for OP of the year. It won't win but i'm gonna vote for it anyway.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I was not expecting that Culverin Bear Opening. Will they surprise us with Sugita singing it at some point.

This episode gave us some much needed backstory on Desumi and why she works for Gekko (her family are Gekko lifers who signed her up for it) and the inner workings of Gekko (the kaijin are the commanders and the princesses fall under them, and becoming a kaijin is seen as a high honor in the organization).

Did they really have Hikaru Midorikawa voice an incidental kaijin who only gets one line?

No girl wants to be compared to a gorilla. Let alone get fused with a gorilla.

So Desumi has four little siblings, including one in middle school who is a bit of a shut-in but idolizes her big sister and wants to join Gekko.

I love how supportive and accepting Fudo is of Desumi, and pushing her to do something for herself rather than what others expect of her.

I also love how Bosslar respects Desumi's refusal to go through the process and assumes it's because she's strong enough to not need it, thereby dissing all the other kaijin who actually went through with it.

The show went all out on the beach episode with all the girls on both sides sporting swimsuits. And they all looked amazing!

Culverin Bear just chilling with Steel Princess will never get old.

Beast Princess, I mean Kiki Majima, freaking out at all the lovey-dovey date stuff Desumi was doing and assuming it was part of a plot to destroy Gelato 5 that actually succeeded was perfect.

Wow, I was not expecting Desumi to meet the Gelato 5 and get along with them, especially Misaki. And Green Gelato recognizes her? I don't think it's because she's Reaper Princess but I think we might be getting an explanation for why Desumi is so inhumanly strong.
HannoX

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 am Reply with quote
Did anybody else get the feeling that Daigo actually likes being beat up by Desumi?
TexZero

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 was great right up until they squashed any hope i had for Desumi following the Sentai Trope of Evil turned Good.

They went too far with that gag that it hurts. Seeing Desumi as Gelato Black was great and needs to happen. Though it won't for story reason.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:26 am Reply with quote
The Anna issue was… resolved in a particularly respectful manner, truth to be told. No old trope lesbian-clingy, not shocked reaction, nor played for jokes…

Also, while Gelato 5 does not allow romantic relationships between members, Gekko seems not to care too much about their employees's/troops personal lives, for the couple Culverin Bear - Steel Princess. One point more for working there.

Seriously, both teams/organizations seem more idol groups than other thing.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:33 pm Reply with quote
TexZero wrote:
Seeing Desumi as Gelato Black was great and needs to happen. Though it won't for story reason.

Black gelato would be, what. Licorice? Devil's food (deep chocolate)?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I did not have Ayane Sakura as a lesbian gyaru who is secretly simping for Desumi in a full body costume on my bingo card for this series, but well done show. I knew Heat Princess was secretly a looker.

I love how Fudo was immune to blackmail because he's so earnest and devoted to Desumi.

I love how even the kaijin live at the dorm.

Sexy Desumi-sensei! She and Fudo may both be smart, but that doesn't mean they're good teachers...poor Haru.

Talking about their future together and Fudo planning to support Desumi's plans to her father...and who should show up but her dad and her little sister. Time to meet the family, Fudo!
Cutty Mink

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:00 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
TexZero wrote:
Seeing Desumi as Gelato Black was great and needs to happen. Though it won't for story reason.

Black gelato would be, what. Licorice? Devil's food (deep chocolate)?

Coffee gelato maybe? I.e. "black coffee"
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Coffee would be best, since they all introduce themselves with "the aroma of _____!" (peach, lemon, pistachios, soda, and strawberry). And coffee is all about the aroma, even moreso than any of the others.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 12:47 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Coffee would be best, since they all introduce themselves with "the aroma of _____!" (peach, lemon, pistachios, soda, and strawberry). And coffee is all about the aroma, even moreso than any of the others.

While I agree with this, I personally vote for nori. Just because I think it would be funnier. Very Happy
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:47 am Reply with quote
Fu...I mean, Mudo put his money where his mouth is and helped support Desumi in getting through to her father that she wanted to go to college instead of working for Gekko full time. And even though her dad hates Red Gelato, he likes the cut of Mudo's jib.

Also I love how Desumi's dad is such a professional goon that he knows how to job spectacularly.

So...are all the girls in this family super-strong...?

I love how Fudo and Desumi just kept waving at each other when he left. They couldn't take their eyes off each other.

Desumi has always had amazing style and fashion sense but that hair paired with that jacket...wow.

It makes sense that Urami would idolize Desumi so much when Desumi protected her from bullies and only talked about strength, and Urami came to relate to her to what it means to be strong and powerful. So lovey-dovey and girly Desumi just feels wrong to her even though to Desumi she now feels more fulfilled and happy than she ever has before.

I'm glad the sisters were able to reconcile (beating up thugs to protect Urami probably helped) but Fu...I mean, Mudo better watch out when Urami joins Gekko.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4