• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heavenly Delusion (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Bear and bare. Pretty much sums up the episode. Ya gotta admire the "King of hotels" business plan. Yeah, that's pretty much all I've got.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:09 am Reply with quote
So yeah, meant to be a twist in confirming that Tokio is a girl, and is sexually active, but it makes me even more confident in revealing that she is Maru's mother. We were shown that the kids in the lab have parts of man eater monsters inside of them, which my suspicions is genetic, it being what gives Maru his power. We don't know if Maru can use his power into any random human being, so the "king of hotels" girl might be another person with monster stuff inside her, either an orphan as parents from a lab, or perhaps she was just a last generation from a lab before the apocalypse. Her backstory does sound a bit like his.

Also, it looks like the AI is protecting the adults from seeing certain things that the kids are doing in the lab, you know like seeing the baby monsters, or sneaking out for sex. If Tokio is pregnant, I would also think that it would have noticed, but said that she just tired.

Kiroku should probably not make promises that he doesn't plan of fulfilling.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 06: 100% Safe Water

Summary: Maru and Kiruko ask a local girl named Totori for directions to find clean water, enter a tunnel, then are attacked by a monster that turns out be a wild bear. Meanwhile in Heaven, Tokio is advised to rest in the infirmary, then dreams of Asura appearing before her, when her body becomes covered in a red blotch.

Comments: Pending

Screen Caps:

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue May 30, 2023 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 07: The Immortal Order

Summary: Pending

Screen Caps:

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I was a little confused by the end, where we suddenly focused on a girl from the lab, but it otherwise I think was implying that she was the girl that was euthanised in the episode. It kind of puts some questions on my ideas of a timeline, although maybe still confirming that the events in the lab are before the outside world. But also if the doctor Usami might match anyone in the lab, they said the kids are smart, so I wonder if that could explain someone so really good at creating prosthetics.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:33 pm Reply with quote
That's an interesting interpretation, DuskyPredator, and not one I had thought of, but ti makes sense. A very sad episode. Kind of amazing how I was able to get invested with characters I hadn't spent much time with. A tribute to the writing, animation, music and performances. Such a great show.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 08: Their Choices

Screen Caps:

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

*checks my notes*
Oh no, what a surprise that no one could have seen coming! who could have possibly guessed several episodes ago that spoiler[Tokio is pregnant], and chances are high that all academy stuff is spoiler[happening at some point in the past where a teenager getting pregnant is super bad news] rather than apocalypse?

Also, I think that I spotted a kid with grey hair and attachment to the girl that may have died last episode, so possibly he will become the doctor from last week. He kind of looked like a similar personality as the quiet type.

Clearly all the story teller's stories were bogus, with faintest touches of truths, like there is an academy, and while there was the apocalypse, it will probably not quite be the asteroid, aliens, or terrorist, they will have to be closer to what we are seeing in the academy. From the view of how they saw an academy kid getting pregnant as especially big problem, perhaps they are some group that though they could create a utopia if they did things like not teach adolescence sex education. Like a group that believes in ultra purity that modern society corrupts.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This episode proved that the deluded ones were the Director and her staff.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 09: Children of the Nursery

Screen Caps:

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I was getting a little confused when finding out that the kid was the maneater, but I think the implication is that he was not the giant spider, because that was his mother who was "killed", and he merely inherited the traits. With the weird vibes of the kids they introduced in the academy setting, I am thinking that they might be much more on the monster spectrum than the rest of the children, and chances are that this is going to bite them in the butt. When their special children turn into monsters.

Considering the point of offspring inheriting powers, I wonder if Maru's power will be echoed by his mother.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:48 am Reply with quote
I like this show a lot but sometimes it can be annoyingly obtuse. There are lots of times when I just can't figure out what the show is driving at. Like, DuskyPredator's interpretation that the little boy inherited the maneater traits from his mother could be true I guess, but it's not clear. And the father killing that guy... because he was the one who killed the woman who gave birth to his son? And there not going to do anything about the little boy... just leave him with freezing powers he doesn't understand and that could be a danger to others?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10: The Walled Town

Screen Caps:

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:02 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I like this show a lot but sometimes it can be annoyingly obtuse.

I feel like I'm going to have to watch the whole thing from the start again once it's over. I feel totally lost right now, but I still like watching it.

Like everyone but me seemed to catch on from the first episode that there was a kid in the Academy that had the same face as Maru. To me, pretty much every character in the series except the older adults have the same face. When they dolled him up to infiltrate, he looked like Kiruko with darker hair. So aside from the general obscurity of the series' plot, I can't tell most of the characters apart except for maybe their hair.

And yeah, I didn't get why he killed the people who took care of his kid, and why the kid is no longer a threat...if he isn't.

I guess I'll just ride it out and then see if I can piece things together once I have all the pieces.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:07 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And yeah, I didn't get why he killed the people who took care of his kid, and why the kid is no longer a threat...if he isn't.

My perception was that he killed one guy, the one who alerted the guards to the initial breakout that got the kid's mother killed.

I don't recall anything about the kid no longer being a threat, only that they figured out that he caused the freezing in the house, not the monster we saw at the earlier location. Based on the fact that the group were so surprised, I might guess that this was the figures time he showed such powers, which were probably only a coincidence for the day he met his father.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4