• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ayaka: A Story of Bonds and Wounds (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:40 am Reply with quote
I was really liking the episode up until I realized they were going to renege on Jingi's death. All this angst and stuff around it felt earned, especially the old guy's (is that his father?) moment of grief, and then they just undercut the whole thing with "psych!" Hell, they even broke the "show me the body" rule. We got a body and a wake and they're still going to bring him back. Sad It's not like I have a death wish for him, but how come he gets to be the only one in history who can do that spell without sacrificing himself?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:43 am Reply with quote
Welp, there goes my desire to go back and watch this show.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:00 am Reply with quote
Honestly, you are better of not seeing it. I am finishing it since I have seen all of it so far, but my advice would be to go for a better anime, unless you are really bored and have seen everything else there is, which is hard to believe.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was the final episode and I have to admit that the last two episodes were pretty decent and wrapped things up rather nicely. The first few episodes were also solid and a few in between were okay, but about half of the series can be killed pretty meh. Be it the wonky fights, failing to build up to anything and kind of wasting the interesting premise, Ayaka is an okay series that could have been a lot more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2