• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment to Close its Online Store in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:
Well, that was a short-lived endeavor wasn't it?

I just hope this doesnt mean the end of Bandai Ent in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silentjay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:
Well, that was a short-lived endeavor wasn't it?

Did you read the post above yours?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
While I never did use the Bandai shop, I do feel bad for the people who pre-ordered and ordered from them recently. While I am sure Bandai will deliver any disks that are already on readily available, what happens to the pre-orders?

As Emerje pointed out, all of the current listed pre-orders come out before the store's closing date, so I'd assume that they'll still get shipped out.
AnimeCornerStore
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
cche7 wrote:
Shame, I liked ordering from their store than trying to buy their titles at conventions. I can't speak for everyone, but some of those people they have working at the booth are the rudest S.O.B. I ever met.

The whole 'Bandai store' idea was pretty dumb, as it really pissed off their retail partners. Out here in retail land, we um, tend to frown upon it when publishers try to sell direct and cut us out. And they spent an awful lot of money in marketing and getting those 'exclusives' into that site. They were looking for a way to eliminate a layer of distribution and thus increase their margins on their own titles, and as a place to liquidate all that dead return stock they have of their older titles. But there are better opportunities to accomplish both in their existing retailer channels that they never take advantage of. They are, and have always been, a frustrating company to do business with. So we're certainly not unhappy to see their little online store experiment go away.

And since it will mean AniPlex will be loosing 1 of their 2 'exclusive' retail distributors, we're hoping it will force them to open up their distribution to more stores. That would help bring AniPlex's street prices down for everyone.

Bob (aka Robert)
President
The Anime Corner Store

Follow RACS on Twitter or Facebook
or on the RACS Official Blog
MKVarana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Curiously, does anyone know if they pushed any remaining inventory to any other stores? I'm looking to pick up the Lucky Star volume 6 LE cover, and sure enough, I find out that they closed on me right when I start looking for it...

Edit: Nevermind. Bandai's customer service was kind enough to help me find one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3