• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dattebayo to Stop Fansubbing Naruto on January 15

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quote
BiG_Z_3 wrote:
I dunno if people understand the implications of this if it is successful, because if it is other companies and or licensed animes will do the same thing viz is doing, if it is "real", and that is a major blow. now i somewhat agree that Dattebayo might haved trolled it ere, but kinda understand where there comin from if its real. I do not support companies that license and support fansubs, thru and thru, as i believe that most (not all) companies kill the anime with dub which is y i only watch them once and almost always don't watch again. and for those who don't like to do things illigally (refferin to downloadin anime), that u are some waht of a hypocrite. i say this because if u drive or will ever drive u WILL commit some type of infraction, and thus break teh law, and are more likely to get caught and or charged by such violation, regardless of the frequency in which it happens. and the law is very very gray. someone could kill 20 people with 40 witnesses and still get a "glance" instead of a "direct hit" from teh judicial system. its all about how u play it

and people wonder why I don't take polls seriously

If this works out fantastic, a week after it airs in Japan I can watch Fullmetal Alchemist without having to download illegal fansubs. I hope this does work, as I do watch Eyeshield 21 on Crunchy Roll, and I am going to start on Gintama soon.
motaku96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
Their name "dattebayo" comes from Naruto. Maybe they should think of a new name.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:33 am Reply with quote
This is awesome news, YES!!!

Hopefully this will discourage all fansubbing, and increase the amount of english dubbed anime Very Happy Very Happy.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:

Hopefully this will discourage all fansubbing, and increase the amount of english dubbed anime Very Happy Very Happy.

News flash: it won't. You'll never see all new anime coming over here, simply because of the large amount and repetitive stories.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:

News flash: it won't. You'll never see all new anime coming over here, simply because of the large amount and repetitive stories.

Aww man, that sucks Sad Crying or Very sad.
tyciol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote
If anybody is interested, DB just referenced the ANN article on their latest April 22 press release, on .com/pr/109 (I can't type the URL because the forum blocks fansites, but everyone knows what it is.)

For further details: these new free releases don't do anything for the Karaoke. Due to this, DB translated (and did romaji for singing along) of the new opening and closing themes for 103/104, which was very thoughtful of them.

The ANN article also mentions that they would be subtitling another series. I am not sure if that is a reference to their continuing work with Bleach, or if it refers to the new series they picked up: 07 Ghost.

DB is a pretty cool group, they even have their own IRC server.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13