To-Love-Ru Quake Charity Sketch Gets 1.2 Million Yen Bid
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The charity auction for an original signed image of a character from To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness drawn by the manga's artist Kentaro Yabuki (Black Cat, Mayoi Neko Overrun!) ended on Yahoo! Japan for 1,223,000 yen (about US$15,397) on Monday. The illustration was part of Shueisha's "Jump Charity Auction" event, which auctioned illustrations from 14 different manga creators from Shueisha's Jump series of magazines. The auctions were held from July 4-11, and each auction had a starting bid price of 1 yen.
Proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross to help victims of the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake (Higashi Nihon Daishinsai) disaster.
Below is a list of other manga creators who contributed illustrations to the charity, and how much each illustration sold for:
- Nobuhiro Watsuki's illustration - 641,000 yen (about US$8,069)
- Fujiko Fujio A's illustration - 500,000 yen (about US$6,294)
- Katsura Hoshino's illustration - 401,000 yen (about US$5,048)
- Hiroyuki Asada's illustration - 401,000 yen (about US$5,048)
- Norihiro Yagi's illustration - 351,000 yen (about US$4,418)
- Tatsuya Endo's illustration - 212,000 yen (about US$2,669)
- Ryūhei Tamura's illustration - 136,000 yen (about US$1,712)
- Kousuke Masuda's illustration - 126,000 yen (about US$1,586)
- Yoshiaki Sukeno's illustration - 86,500 yen (about US$1,089)
- Namie Odama's illustration - 60,500 yen (about US$761)
- Yōichi Amano's illustration - 57,000 yen (about US$717)
- Hajime Kazu's illustration - 51,500 yen (about US$648)
- Tohru Uchimizu's illustration - 30,611 yen (about US$385)
In another recent charity auction, an original signed image from Zetman creator Masakazu Katsura sold on Yahoo! Japan for 1,414,000 yen (about US$17,300).
[Via Moe Ota-News Sokuhō]