Interest New Idol Group Offers Chance to Take Hot Spring Trip with Them
posted on 2015-05-16 21:00 EDT by Eric Stimson
The recently formed Japanese rock group Deep Girl has announced that it will dissolve if its debut single, "Deep Girl," doesn't enter the Top 10 on the Oricon Weekly Charts. The CD will be released in seven different versions, each with a different group member on the jacket. If customers collect the star-shaped coupons included in the CDs, they can redeem them for a number of prizes — mostly involving pseudo-romantic opportunities with Deep Girl.
- 1 coupon: A ticket to a meet 'n' greet event
- 5 coupons: A picture with the group at the meet 'n' greet event
- 10 coupons: A movie message "just for you"
- 30 coupons: A karaoke session with the group and other fans
- 50 coupons: A letter "just for you"
- 75 coupons: A week's worth of wake-up calls
- 100 coupons: A photography session "just for you," with homemade cookies
- 150 coupons: An hour-long phone call
- 300 coupons: A lunch for two, with ear-cleaning included (Note: this is considered intensely romantic in Japan)
- 500 coupons: A dinner for two, with ear-cleaning and a visit to a photo sticker booth included
- 1000 coupons: A day-long date, perhaps with fireworks
- 2000 coupons: A trip to a hot springs (although mixed bathing is out of the question)
Deep Girl originated with a late-night variety show of the same name in 2014. Their single will go on sale on July 1 for 1,000 yen (or $8.39).
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history