Fans Rank Megumi Ogata's Anime Roles for Her Birthday
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
Voice actress Megumi Ogata is celebrating her 54th birthday today and fans are using the occasion to look back on their favorite characters voiced by Ogata. The actress has voiced plenty of iconic characters from Shinji Ikari in Neon Genesis Evangelion to Sailor Uranus in Sailor Moon.
The Anime! Anime! website asked its readers to pick which of her characters are their favorite. The majority of the participants int he survey (85%) were women.
Anime! Anime!: Favorite Roles Played by Megumi Ogata
- Kurama (Yū Yū Hakusho)
- Haruka Tenoh/Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon)
- Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- Yukito Tsukishiro (Cardcaptor Sakura)
- Nagito Komaeda (Danganronpa)
- Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
- Eagle Vision (Magic Knight Rayearth 2)
- Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box Abnormal)
- Yugi Mutou (Yu-Gi-Oh! First Series)
- Emeraude (Magic Knight Rayearth) [tie]
- Ayato Naoi (Angel Beats!) [tie]
- Itona Horibe (Assassination Classroom) [tie]
Ogata made her debut in 1990s as Kurama in Yū Yū Hakusho and went on to win the Kazue Takahashi Award at the 7th Annual Seiyū Awards in 2013. The prize is given to a female performer who broadens the profession of voice acting in every form of media.
She established her own voice acting agency "Breathe Arts" in February.
Source: Anime! Anime! via Yahoo! News Japan
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history