Toei, Frontier Works Collaborate on Mahō × Shōnen × Days Project
posted on by Karen Ressler
Toei Animation and Frontier Works unveiled a new project on Thursday titled Mahō × Shōnen × Days!!!!!, which will begin with a drama CD that will bundle an animated promotional video.
Korumono Migiwa is writing the "slapstick magical life" scenario, which follows the five "Magic Sabers," a team of boys who are candidates to be the heir to the throne of a kingdom of magic, but can't keep up in school. The king gives them a mission to perform good deeds in the human world, and they can't return until they've grown up. They transform in order to use their magic, but they must all transform at the same time―if they don't the transformation will be halted and they'll end up naked.
Toshie Kawamura (Karneval, Smile Precure) is designing the characters. The voice cast for the CD includes:
- Sōma Saito as Yūki, a clumsy but kind 14-year-old boy.
- Hiro Shimono as Hikaru, a prideful 14-year-old boy who sometimes gets angry easily. He follows his younger brother Yūki to Earth.
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Takuto, a 14-year-old mood-maker who loves girls and is always teasing Hikaru.
- Akira Ishida as Ran, a 16-year-old "mad scientist" with a high IQ. He does things at his own pace.
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Daichi, a 16-year-old boy who seems scary and is quick to pick fights, but he cares for Yūki like a brother.
- Jouji Nakata as Owl Lord, the prime minister of the magic kingdom and the boys' hot-blooded coach.
The drama CD ship in Japan on June 24.
Source: Moca News
Image © Mahō × Shōnen × Days!!!!! Project