Accel World Film Reveals New Character Played by Chinatsu Akasaki, Visual
posted on 2016-06-09 12:40 EDT by Karen Ressler
The staff of the Accel World: Infinite Burst anime film revealed a second key visual and new character on Friday. Chinatsu Akasaki (ERASED's Airi Katagiri, Selector Infected Wixoss' Akira Aoi) will voice the new character Risa Tsukiori, a key person in the film's story.
The film will open in 24 theaters around Japan on July 23, but the staff hinted that more theaters might be added if the film does well enough.
Original light novel series author Reki Kawahara (Sword Art Online) is writing the story for the original new anime.
The returning staff and cast include:
- Original Creator: Reki Kawahara
- Original Novel Illustrations: HIMA
- Director: Masakazu Obara
- Character Design/Animation Director: Yukiko Aikei
- Duel Avatar Design/Action Director: Yousuke Kabashima
- Animation Production: Sunrise
- Sachika Misawa as Kuroyukihime
- Yuuki Kaji as Haruyuki
- Aki Toyosaki as Chiyuri
- Shintarō Asanuma as Takumu
- Yumi Hara as Utai Shinomiya/Ardor Maiden (from the Accel World -Kasoku no Chōten- PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable game)
- Yuuka Nanri as Rin Kusakabe (from the Accel World -Kasoku no Chōten- PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable game)
KOTOKO × ALTIMA will perform the film's theme song "Plasmic Fire."
Kadokawa is publishing the 20th volume of the light novel series on Friday. Yen Press is publishing the light novel series in English, and it shipped the sixth volume on March 22. Yen Press also publishes the manga adaptation by Hiroyuki Aigamo, and shipped the sixth volume in January. The 24-episode television anime adaptation premiered in 2012, and Viz Media streamed the series on Hulu as it aired in Japan. Viz Media released the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in 2013.
Source: Animate Times
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history