Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan Nightlife Comedy Gets New TV Anime in January
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
A new television anime adaptation of Yukari Takinami's Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan four-panel comedy manga has been green-lit. The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, AT-X, and other channels in January 2019. The anime will be made in an omnibus format, with each episode having a different director, character designer, voice actors, and animation studio.
The directors participating in the anime include, in no particular order:
- Gisaburō Sugii (Touch, Arashi no Yoru ni, Night on the Galactic Railroad)
- Ryousuke Takahashi (Votoms, Dougram, FLAG)
- Akitarō Daichi (Kodocha, Fruits Basket)
- Tomomi Mochizuki (Twin Spica, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe)
- Shin Misawa (Capeta)
- Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf, Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
- Yoshitomo Yonetani (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
- Osamu Kobayashi (BECK)
- Masayuki Kojima (Made in Abyss, Monster)
- Akira Shigino (Osomatsu-kun)
- Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi)
- Koji Morimoto (Magnetic Rose, Dimension Bomb)
Takinami's manga centers around the titular Ekoda, who works various jobs, and explores the city nightlife. While she has a boyfriend, she is more into casual relationships than taking it seriously. She considers popular girls (which she labels "birds of prey") her natural enemy.
The manga ran in Kodansha's Afternoon magazine from 2005 to 2014, and Kodansha published eight compiled book volumes for the manga. It previously inspired a 2011 television anime.
Source: Animate Times