Shirobako Movie Reveals Spring 2020 Opening, More Staff & Cast, Visual Teasing New Character
posted on by Egan Loo
The official website for the brand-new Shirobako movie (Gekijō-ban Shirobako) opened on Tuesday and revealed that the film will open next spring in theaters throughout Japan. The website also confirmed additional staff members and returning cast members, and the front page debuted a new visual (by character designer Kanami Sekiguchi) which features the main lead Aoi Miyamori and the new character tentatively named Miyai:
The tagline accompanying the visual reads, “We will not give up! Not until we fulfill our promise…”
The previously confirmed returning staff includes director Tsutomu Mizushima, animation studio P.A. Works, series script supervisor Michiko Yokote, character designer Ponkan8, animation character designer and chief animation director Kanami Sekiguchi, and production company Infinite.
Additional staff members, most of whom are returning from the original television anime, include:
- Art Directors: Yūsuke Takeda, Tsukasa Kakizakai
- Color Design: Katsue Inoue
- 3D Director: Motonari Ichikawa
- Compositing Director (Director of Photography): Yukiyo Kajiwara
- Special Effects: Chie Katō
- Editing: Ayumu Takahashi
- Music: Shiroh Hamaguchi
- Music Production: IMAGINE
The cast members reprising their roles from the television anime include:
- Juri Kimura as Aoi Miyamori
- Haruka Yoshimura as Ema Yasuhara
- Haruka Chisuga as Shizuka Sakaki
- Asami Takano as Misa Tōdō
- Hitomi Ohwada as Midori Imai
- Shūya Nishiji as Yutaka Honda
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Tatsuya Ochiai
- Yuri Yamaoka as Erika Yano
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Tarō Takanashi
- Ai Kayano as Rinko Ogasawara
- Masaya Matsukaze as Hayabusa Watanabe
- Mai Nakahara as Yuka Okitsu
The website also reported that the Tokyo MX channel will rerun the original Shirobako television anime starting on July 4 at 10:00 p.m.
The staff had said that the "story will continue" in the film from the earlier television anime.
The original Shirobako television anime focuses primarily on Aoi Miyamori, a production assistant at a fictional anime studio called Musashino Animations. The story follows the daily office life and problems that arise in an animation studio, and the workflow in making an anime. Parallel to that, the show also focuses on Miyamori's friends, who all work or are aiming to work in the anime industry: a key animator, a CG animator, an aspiring voice actress, and a scriptwriter.
Thanks to Ōmiya for the news tip
Source: Shirobako movie website