• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Noir Blu-ray Box to Include English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

if I am forced to pay Japanese pricing the dam thing better have English subtitles.

But this release is not for you; it's for those Japanese who don't need English subtitles. They're the ones who are forced to pay Japanese pricing.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote
This thing is if they went through the trouble to add the English audio track the least they could do is add English subtitles as well. If I had to I could watch it Raw since I know enough Japanese but if I have to import it from Japan and pay Japanese pricing it better at least have subtitles. I can understand if if was Raw no English anything only but if you audio they could have added subtitles.

I already own the limited edition first DVD release so it's not like I need it but I like upgrading to Blu-Rays when ever possible and for shows I love.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Another title in which Japan doesn't want my money. First Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex/Second Gig now one of my old time favorites from the past gets a English Dub on the imports but no English subtitles?

The price is not a problem but as a person not into dubs if I am forced to pay Japanese pricing the dam thing better have English subtitles.

I'm such a huge fan of Noir this is another let down, since I doubt they will ever re-release the show domestically on Blu-Ray.

I don't give a shit about "subbed only"if it's not dubbed I won't watch it-plain and simple.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2