• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu!! Volleyball TV Anime Gets Season 3 in Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
Sweet anther 25eps
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Nice! When they posted that 'important announcement' I was hoping it was going to be a new season but thought in reality it was more likely to be an anime/live-action film or something so I'm extremely happy that a new season has been announced so early Very Happy
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
It is way too soon, even by then they'll barely have enough for the two cours. They should've done it Spring 2017 at the earliest.

If they'd done what I wanted them to do (padding the Wakunan, Kakugawa, and Johzenji matches and end the season with Datekou vs Seijoh to leavespoiler[ the Seijoh and Shiratorizawa matches for a third season]) then this annoucement wouldn't make me so skeptical. I'm really concerned about how they're gonna do it now. I guess they're gonna pad the spoiler[Shiratorizawa] match, but that one's already extremely long, it really doesn't need any more padding. If they were planning to do S3 so soon they should've fulfilled my wish, they wouldn't be so close to running out of material and we'd get a lot more Oikawa. It would've been win-win.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Good stuff. This and Kuroko seem to do so well that I'm a little surprised that they don't run for 13-26 episodes every year like clockwork.
leongsh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Good stuff. This and Kuroko seem to do so well that I'm a little surprised that they don't run for 13-26 episodes every year like clockwork.

For a show that adapts the manga, you need a very healthy lead in manga chapters to do that. The one sports anime series that substantially managed to do that was Major where each new season of 26 episodes started like clockwork in early January every year over 5 years.

Happy to hear that the 3rd season is coming in the Fall but sad to know that after the 3rd season (assuming 25 episodes), the 4th would be a long way off as there would probably be about 20+ chapters left by the end of the 3rd season and the manga will need time to have enough chapters for a 4th season.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, yay! I'm behind on the anime, but I'm so happy for Haikyuu!!
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
As others have said the "big announcement" tease couldn't have really been anything else but a 3rd season announcement. (Okay, logically it could have, but as a reader of the manga I knew in my gut this just had to be it.)

The ANN article doesn't list an official episode count so jumping to the conclusion that S3 will absolutely be another 26 episodes seems a tad premature. I guess when I think about it there actually might be more content than that which will fit in a 12 episode count season, but on the other hand there doesn't quite seem enough to stretch into the 20's.

All though...I will hand it to the animation team so far as they really have a knack for turning one match (and these are played in sets of three!) into three episodes, or more, very easily; seemingly like magic. Maybe they really do have enough material for the matches spoiler[against Shiratorizawa. They do play five sets after all. And then when you throw in some of the back stories from the opposing team's players...] Hrm...well, then. Nevermind. I think I just revised my own opinion after all that consideration. Anime smile; lol
hellfire104

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Whoever wrote that article needs to learn how to proof read their shit. That quote from Crunchyroll was atrocious. Wonderful professionalism.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2