• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Channel Added to AT&T U-verse Service

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Nothing is as terrible as Ouran, FMA:Brotherhood, or Hetalia. Razz Though those are generally just cases of Funi's incompetence at casting or just rushing production.

The dubs for Canaan, Xam'd and Golgo 13 put them to shame.

And yet their Legend Of The Dark King dub was so bad that it made their New Fist Of The North Star dub look superior (and that says a lot since NFOTNS was dubbed at the now defunct Monster Island which was mostly known for bad dubs).

Actually I though Legend of the Dark King had an pretty good dub, especially considering the show itself was fairly bad. It got a much better dub than it actually deserved.

But like I said, it's all subjective. Everybody has their own opinion on the matter.

Also, I would take most of the Monster Island dubs than some of the stuff that Funi has been pumping out over the past year. Like I said, it's all a matter of personal opinion.

I'll quote you on your own words. It's a matter of opinion.

I for one liked The Fist of the North Star dub, and Clannad (have no idea why everyone is so blood thirsty about it). I must admit that Fist of the North Star "animation" seemed a little old, I thought for a while that it was a 2002 show not a 2008. Could have been made that way to keep itself consistent with the cannon of the other shows like Kai was with DBZ, but who can say.

That said, I liked every dub that came out of Funimation. Casshern Sins is an awesome dub, Bamboo Blades was transformed in the dub, since I tried the show in sub and thought my ears would bleed if I listened to it any more then 5 minutes and would commit sabaku if I finished the first episode (I mean the Japanese voices were that awful). My Bride is a Mermaid was actually made possible in dub (I was surprise to How well it turned out). I can name a bunch of resent shows that have really good dubs and they are made by funimation.

Also, your taste in dubs is a little weird, FMA:B, Hetalia, and Ouran are all highly rated dubs and I've seen all and have no complaints with any of them and would watch the dub over the sub any day. Hence the reason I've dropped Hetalia and FMA:B in sub once I saw a few episode and decided to watch and wait for the dub.
Ovalshine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 am Reply with quote
Darnit. I don't have the premium package. Course, that was because there wasn't much for channels that was wanting me to shell out an extra $5/mo for. This helps the deal a lot. Sadly, I currently am unable to manage that extra $5/mo. But it is nice to know it's there if I manage to someday.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
YES! My parents just signed up for AT&T U-verse. I won't have it for another week or two though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soh_vet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote
good news for those who have or are signing up for u-verse. i've heard good, decent and bad opinions on Uverse (as much as i've heard about Vios, Comcast etc.). The fact that it is added is never a bad thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3