• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Scrapped Princess DVD 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:16 am Reply with quote
Well, this looks like a good review for a series that deserves it. I may be a bit biased, since Scrapped Princess holds the title of my favorite anime; I'll definitely be replacing my good ol' VHS fansubs with these DVDs. This is indeed a good show for anime novices; I showed it to a friend as his second anime (after Bebop) and it helped get him hooked. I myself watched the first 14 episodes in one sitting because I could not put it down. Also, it's true about the first establishing shot--after you see episode 24, going back to episode 1 will be a real "A-Ha!" moment, not to give anything away.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I saw this in anime club back when it was in fansub, and even before then it was being praised up and down. Bones has done it again, IMO.

I'll wait a bit before getting this (got a few other anime series on the list before Scrapped Princess), but it's definitely on my "to buy" list, especially since I'm somewhat curious as to the dub (it is my experienced opinion that most english dubs, even when the va's try hard, flat out suck) since it seems from the reviewer that for once the va's got the characters nailed pretty good. If they do a good enough job, I'll actually watch this in dub form.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
If you're curious about the English dub, you can go here! Very Happy
king_micah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:28 am Reply with quote
Best Fantasy?
*cough* SciFi *cough*
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
Best Fantasy?
*cough* SciFi *cough*

Well, it certainly starts off as being spoiler[a fantasy series. IMO, it's one of the best Fantasy-Sci Fi series I've seen in anime.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:41 am Reply with quote
I was drawn into this anime right out of the blue. I myself was attracted to this because of the English cast.
My favorite Bridget Hoffman, Wendee Lee and Michelle Ruff trio are all there! Plus, my fave male seiyuus Dave Wittenberg and Kirk Thornton are also there too.

I'm really looking forward to buying this. I don't usually watch fantasy/adventure anime, but this anime looks very appealing, considering the ratings and also the Japanese cast as well.

The extras make it even the more the reason to buy, plus it's from Bandai Ent.! (My favorite!)

I don't know what the disappointment is about Michellle Ruff's role, but I'll certainly look into it. It's rather common that Michelle often reprises the many roles of Kawasumi Ayako (one of my top 5 seiyuu). I'll be looking forward to a good and challenging sub/dub comparison. Wink

Thumbs up! I'll be looking forward to watching this anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3