• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Manga Countdown Site Teases New Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karakuri100p

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
If you were inspired by Naruto, you must be really long. Really, it did nothing new. It was just more of the same shounen we' were already getting for a long time from other shows. Just with ninjas.

Shippupupudon. They really should just let this die

Really long?!?! What does that even mean? hahahah
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
_Darkblondie_ wrote:
I want Kishimoto to make a new Seinen manga for older audience! I liked his one-shot "Mario" I hope he comes back with serialization of that mafia story. And Naruto will be around with movies and videogames so Kishimoto can work on them too

I would like to see him continue "Karakuri." That had a unique premise. It's a shame it didn't go past one-shot.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:49 am Reply with quote
Silly me.

And here I was thinking Kishimoto's 'next project' would be a year-long vacation.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
I think it will be a continuation. Naruto is on path for a real shit show ending if the manga actually stops in four more chapters. Whether that be a super short fight (which it will have to be by default) that just stops with no real tie up to the arc/series. Or a ridiculously short fight that last like 3 chapters and then they use the last one or two issues to tie up everything.

Animeking1108 wrote:
My theories:

-The animated version of the final battle.

I guarantee you it won't be that. Why would they kick the anime in the balls like that?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
GVman wrote:
How do we know this is a new Naruto related project?

Well, it IS called the "Naruto Final Countdown"...

This phrase means Naruto to end, nothing to do with subject of new manga.

Another time lapse would not require ending the manga. Years back Naruto already had the lapse and the manga did not end; it was continuous project for fifteen years.

So this means that, most probably, new manga is going to be something else entirely. But lets see.

Kougeru wrote:
If you were inspired by Naruto, you must be really long. Really, it did nothing new. It was just more of the same shounen we' were already getting for a long time from other shows. Just with ninjas.

There was no end of Naruto manga and start of Shippuuden manga, it is the same manga, and it ends now.

You confuse it with the anime.

Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
If Naruto's sales have dipped, it's barely noticeable, so it would make sense they still want to milk despite the main attraction ending; most likely Kishimoto wanting to do something else.

The manga still sells about a million copies per issue, no changes. The story's end has nothing to do with it.

Kishimoto's initial wishes as mangaka had nothing to do with fantasy, it was a complex seinin project without anything magical in it. However, it has failed, so Kishimoto might try something like this again.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Calm down and let people have their own opinions Rolling Eyes
Sanyo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm calling it before anyone else does...
Mr. slicer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
I don't care if it starts a new manga project so long as it is launched in a different magazine and not in Weekly Shounen Jump.

Why? What difference would a different mag make?
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
I hope Shueisha lets Kishimoto do that baseball manga he's always wanted to do eventually. (I'm basing his desire to do a baseball manga on author comments and interviews and that one baseball one-shot he did.)
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
I hope he made enough money with the Naruto series that he can safely do something completely different purely for artistic expression.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Artistic expression was never something outstanding in Kishimoto's work. Some characters are really original, but that is their topological design, not the beauty or originality of style how they are drawn.

For comparison, there is distinct visual arts style in One Piece, Bleach and even Dragon Ball (though I hate huge heads with tiny faces combination), but not so much in Naruto. It does exist, but it is not so pronounced, it is not what Kishimoto got famous for. He is more about clever tactical and strategic multi-layer storytelling.

Hopefully Kishimoto will not draw baseball manga as, on global scale, it is very obscure sport only few percentages of world's population understand. If it has to be about sport, it would be better about football (actual one, not handmelon) or basketball.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm still worried that the manga won't have a proper ending in just four (or where they five?) more chapters, so I wonder if there will be another time-skip and Naruto will continue with another, similar title on a seinen magazine, since Kishimoto apparently wants to try making a seinen manga, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3