• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Rumiko Takahashi's RIN-NE Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivanchoFAA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
I'm surprise FUNimation did not get this title, Sentai picked an anime that can be a hit this Spring
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Is it me or Sentai just grabbing every and anything recently? Like they're even grabbing titles I thought Funi might get to first.

It's kind of ticking me off in an annoying sort of way because I see comments here and there that you're hoping for dubs, which tells me that they're not even dubbing the stuff they get.

So what's the point of grabbing a show you have not intention of dubbing when fans can see it online through legal/nonlegal means? A sort of arms race hoping you can sucker despite/gullible viewers for miniscule profit?

Sentai dubs most of their stuff, but not everything. The stuff they don't dub is usually very niche though and isn't expected to sell as well. With that said, it's almost guaranteed they will dub this show.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Is Ocean Group still dubbing anime with Viz now these days? I haven't heard them since Inuyasha Final Act.

Maybe that had something to do with Viz not getting Rinne? (maybe...not sure...)
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Viz hasn't collaborated with Ocean since InuYasha: The Final Act, and that was only to reassemble the original cast. Their last new project with them was NANA in 2009. Ocean's last anime project period was Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail in 2012 with FUNimation, again, to reassemble an original cast. Their budget studio Blue Water is getting a bit of work though with Cardfight!!! Vanguard, Future Card Buddyfight, Scan2Go, and Little Battlers eXperience (though Ocean worked a bit on that too).

And no, Ocean has nothing to do with Viz not getting this. They could have used Bang Zoom or Studiopolis if they wanted. It's possible they were outbid or simply weren't interested.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
you forgot to mentioned that ever since the final act, a majority of the ocean studios VA have been on that blue water studios label lately and a majority of their series are either kids based anime like LBX or US 3D cartoons like Max Steel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3