• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Claymore: Worth Reading (See 1st Post For Thread Info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:
One of the few things I am afraid is the fact that after these volumes end (particularly containing this arc) the story might not be exactly the same.
The story is definately NOT the same after the Theresa arc ends. Personally, I think the new direction the story takes is very interesting and enjoyable, but things have changed drastically.

aya_honda wrote:
Richard, the only thing that I can say about your really generous and kind words for me are THANK YOU and I'm not kidding: I'm waiting for some recommendations when you discover something interesting! Wink Very Happy
I promise I'll let you know. Though, my tastes are all over the place so I apologize if it's something strange. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I'll just say that I was in total shock of what happened to spoiler[Teresa of the Faint Smile.] Totally unprepared. And I'm sure spoiler[Claire had no idea what happened either, but it really made her make her move to become a Claymore.]

Oh, yes me too. I had too put the book down for a moment, I was so stunned. That totally came out of nowhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
fighterholic wrote:
I'll just say that I was in total shock of what happened to spoiler[Teresa of the Faint Smile.] Totally unprepared. And I'm sure spoiler[Claire had no idea what happened either, but it really made her make her move to become a Claymore.]

Oh, yes me too. I had too put the book down for a moment, I was so stunned. That totally came out of nowhere.

Well, I wasn't really shocked or surprised since I predicted it would happen spoiler[the moment pricilla started to change], I was just hopping I was wrong was all. But when I found out I wasn't, yeah, that was quite the moment for me.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Well, I wasn't really shocked or surprised since I predicted it would happen spoiler[the moment pricilla started to change], I was just hopping I was wrong was all. But when I found out I wasn't, yeah, that was quite the moment for me.

Well, had to figure that spoiler[she was probably going to die, and then when Priscilla asked her to kill her, I thought that she would. Then it happened. Teresa totally let her guard down, and so did I.] It's that thing of you have a feeling it will happen, but how it happens is what surprises you.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

Well, had to figure that spoiler[she was probably going to die, and then when Priscilla asked her to kill her, I thought that she would. Then it happened. Teresa totally let her guard down, and so did I.] It's that thing of you have a feeling it will happen, but how it happens is what surprises you.

Yeah, that's how I felt as well. spoiler[I figured that Teresa was going to be killed sooner or later, but I didn't expect Priscilla to kill Teresa when Teresa had left herself open like that. That was lower than low, what Priscilla did].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
fighterholic wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

Yeah, that's how I felt as well. spoiler[I figured that Teresa was going to be killed sooner or later, but I didn't expect Priscilla to kill Teresa when Teresa had left herself open like that. That was lower than low, what Priscilla did].

Well, now that you put it that way, yeah, I'd say it was pretty shocking how it actually happened. Of course, that's what I like about most shonen in the first place. Most of the time it's not about what's going to happen, but how it's going to happen.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Most of the time it's not about what's going to happen, but how it's going to happen.

Exactly. That what's great about shounen a lot of the time. It can get predictable, but then all of a sudden what you predicted happens, but in a way you did not expect.

For those who have read at least volume 5:

spoiler[Did you find it interesting to find that Clare is considered the weakest among the Claymore? Definitely puts the world of Claymore into perspective, if you think about how strong Clare is herself. Plus, it surprised me that she's the weakest since she has Teresa's flesh and blood inside her and Teresa had been considered the strongest in her day.]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but spoiler[Theresa was half demon, and Claire took in Theresa's flesh and blood, and they said that makes her a quarter. If Claire had taken in a demon's flesh and blood, she would be on the same level as everybody else. I don't get what ranks her the weakest. But there's probably something going on within the Claymore administration. ]Don't know what it is, but I'm wanting to find out.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Yeah, but spoiler[Theresa was half demon, and Claire took in Theresa's flesh and blood, and they said that makes her a quarter. If Claire had taken in a demon's flesh and blood, she would be on the same level as everybody else. I don't get what ranks her the weakest. But there's probably something going on within the Claymore administration. ]Don't know what it is, but I'm wanting to find out.

Ah, yes that's right. I forgot about that the part of spoiler[Teresa being half-demon].

I'm with you on spoiler[Clare being the weakest]. I'm interested in finding out why that is also. Perhaps it will be explained better later.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
spoiler[They use some kind of ranking system, I don't know what it is though. And I think that the Claymore might be divided into different sections, so Claire is the 47th ranked Claymore warrior in her section. ]But there's no way for me to confirm that.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
spoiler[They use some kind of ranking system, I don't know what it is though. And I think that the Claymore might be divided into different sections, so Claire is the 47th ranked Claymore warrior in her section. ]But there's no way for me to confirm that.

Yeah, they kinda went over that in volume 5, but not in much detail, so it's pretty much speculation at this point.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
fighterholic wrote:

Yeah, they kinda went over that in volume 5, but not in much detail, so it's pretty much speculation at this point.

It is indeed speculation. And a speculation I think I agree with.

spoiler[I mean, the world of Claymore is a bit too big for just simply 47 Claymore. But if that's the truth, then does that mean that there are Claymore stronger than the top 5, since they are just the top 5 in Clare's division?]
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Jedi General wrote:
fighterholic wrote:

It is indeed speculation. And a speculation I think I agree with.

spoiler[I mean, the world of Claymore is a bit too big for just simply 47 Claymore. But if that's the truth, then does that mean that there are Claymore stronger than the top 5, since they are just the top 5 in Clare's division?]

That's a good point.

spoiler[Come to think of it, it does seem odd that there are only 47 Claymore out there. I would have thought that there would be more. It seems to me that 47 would easily be stretched to thin. Plus, if something were to happen to any of them, it would make it even worse. The speculation of there being more devisions makes a lot of sense, know that I've thought about it more. Based on that, it is possible that there are Claymore stronger than the top 5, and possibly some considered weaker than Clare.]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I think one thing though, we don't even know spoiler[what country or land that they're in. I'm only hoping we can find out in later volumes if there are more Claymore out there, and who really is the number one warrior out of all of them. I think at the time though, Teresa of the Faint Smile truly was the number one Claymore.]
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
Gah! I just finished volume 4 and I'm about to die! I'm trying to hurry up so I can catch up with your discussions and read all the spoiler stuff! How many volumes are out here? How behind am I? Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 29