• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aya_honda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote
My 400 post... Laughing is on this thread. How most apropiate! Cool

Kagura is a warm hearted character despite her being a little too energetic. spoiler[ I think that she really felt guilty for consider herself superior to Kyo and perhaps feeling even sick with his true appearance. But at the same time I think for her the only way to make peace with herself was to behave with him so rashly and lovingly at the same time. She knew that this meant everything for him and despite Kyo's stubbornness I think he really understood how important Kagura proved to be for him and for accepting in a very small amount (but nonetheless, an amount that exists) his true self. I really liked that she confessed everything and thus another veil of Kyo's history and therefore hers was taken away and their story together went to another point from there on.]

Btw, I think she realised that spoiler[ Kyo couldn't and wouldn't love her from the moment she realised that he has become his true self just for Tohru, cause she was there when Kazuma took Kyo's bracelet off. She wasn't the one to run away after him and he has returned for Tohru. She had this intuition most certainly and as the time was passing by them, she realised that her feelings have become true but it was too late for Kyo's feelings towards her.]
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
I got some x-mas money so I'm ordering volumes 7-15 from rightstuf today. I already read 1-6 in stores. Everyday I see this thread grow more and since I truly enjoyed the anime I am determined to read each volume out and get caught up so when I come here I can actually look at the spoilers and talk as well and not jjust stare at black space lol
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
I got some x-mas money so I'm ordering volumes 7-15 from rightstuf today. I already read 1-6 in stores. Everyday I see this thread grow more and since I truly enjoyed the anime I am determined to read each volume out and get caught up so when I come here I can actually look at the spoilers and talk as well and not jjust stare at black space lol

Yeah, I bet you a lot of people just look at this thread and wonder in awe of how this thread even stays alive. Thanks to two major posters, this thread has survived for five months since it's creation. And it is the largest non-sticky thread in the manga forum. I thought that it would just be an answer the question thread and move on and it would die, but I was terribly wrong Laughing

aya_honda, did you notice spoiler[that Kagura became a little less energetic after the incident?]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I thought that it would just be an answer the question thread and move on and it would die, but I was terribly wrong Laughing

Terribly, terribly wrong.... Wink Laughing Laughing

Yes, I did notice that....spoiler[ She wasn't as she used to be... She seemed to be... more quite. Shocked I mean, even towards Tohru she became a little cold. She called her Honda-san (which seemed to be all of the sudden rather too polite) I think at that moment... And though she said in a happy voice that hello, somehow I felt that she was already growing a little cold towards her or not exactly cold but still somehow reluctant. I can still remember the punch that later on gives to poor Tohru, though she seemed to understand Kagura's reaction. ]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote
So what was the ultimate connection between Yuki and Kagura? spoiler[They were definetly ones who knew each other, but nothing beyond that, but I think that they would look out for the other. Not really much interaction to begin with, but. Yuki did find Kagura leaving the house in the early morning after the night of the unmasking of Kyo, and Yuki felt a little concerned for her that she was just splitting without telling anybody. Yuki also noticed that there had been something between Kagura and Kyo after their date that one time, Kagura must have shown this by the way she looked, maybe it was just a Zodiac sense that Yuki had, I don't I'll know for sure.]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, Yuki is a very fine observer and he has seen spoiler[ along time ago the feelings that Kagura had for Kyo and how they changed along the way, especially after the unraveling. There wasn't much interaction between these two: they didn't know each other very well: Yuki was kept away from the other jyuuunishi and therefore I was expecting that he wouldn't care much for her. Nonetheless he seemed genuinely preoccupied by her state after that event. ]

What about Rin and Kagura? spoiler[Practically they are living together and Kagura went even to take Rin's graduation degree...I would say that they are very much alike: they are strong women who feel the need to be loved. While in Rin's case, the things seem a little more simple taking into consideration that Haru loves her too, in Kagura's case the things are little more complicated especially now that she has lost Kyo. I remember a scene between them, after Kagura punched Tohru: Rin was furious at Kagura's action but nonetheless, she understood her pain and she embraced her.]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, spoiler[Rin always did seem a little ignorant towards Kagura, where she wouldn't talk to her or anything, or if Kagura said something then she would get all mad and stuff, but that was the only delicate situation that we saw between the two. I think though that Kagura needed it. After all, she did lose her one true love. Course, she lost it to the girl that she knocked out 60 seconds earlier] Laughing
aya_honda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Laughing spoiler[You know, I think that Kagura won't have any problem with being cheated on in the future... Laughing Her blunt power makes a force to tell you the truth and I think any guy would think twice before cheating on this girl. I can still remember another scene where Rin tells Kagura ti stop complaining about Kyo because she has lost and Kagura telling her that she doesn't have to know all these and that right now she should have some sympathy from people...] Sympathy from Rin?! I wonder what gave her this idea. Very Happy
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess that Rin spoiler[can't understand Kagura's feelings about losing someone that she loved, because Rin has Hatsuharu who has been with her ever since they've met. Though Kagura probably can't understand Rin's feelings of being abandoned by her parents, because it looks to me like even though Kagura said that her parents were always arguing because of her, they haven't thrown her out or mistreated her like Rin's parents did.]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
In spite of their some similarities, I would say that that Kagura and Rin are very different. spoiler[It is quite difficult for them to reach a point where they could understand each other. In spite of the different reactions that her parents had when she was born, Kagura was a happy child: there weren't many allusion to how the parents treated her but nonetheless I think that she was quite satisfied with her childhood. Perhaps the things have been a little more difficult for her father cause for him it was impossible to hug her or be lovely towards her. At the same time, her mother seemed really worried when she come back after she made that confession to Kyo. Plus her parents took Rin so I think that they were really good persons. ]

Rin and Kagura had problems with love. spoiler[ Rin loved Haru but it was impossible at some point to be with him because it was too painful for her to be with him. Nonetheless, she succeeded in doing in being with him. Kagura loved Kyo but to many things that got in the way. For instance I think that Tohru and then the past just got in the way. It has always been impossible for them to be together: too many things got among them. Sometimes, it was quite difficult to see where their story might go. ]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[The problems with her father I can understand about, and the fact that her mother showed how worried she was when she saw how her daughter looked after she came home goes to show how much she cares for her daughter. Kagura may have had her own bad childhood possibly because other people in the Sohma household would treat her badly, that wouldn't be surprising at all. Zodiac children seem to find life difficult somehow, even with loving parents.]

Though do you think, it could possibly be spoiler[that Kagura and Momiji might get together? That would be one of the shocking endings or maybe through a bangaihen episode.]
missyqueen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote
I've always said they have many things in commonspoiler[They love the same sort of backpack and both are in love with people who are part of the same couple. It would be an unholy alliance Laughing I could just see Kyo's faces as he stared at the two wondering if there were ulterior motives. His face might even be funnier than the faces he makes when he sees Saki and Kazuma Laughing . Tohru would probably be happy that they had found love together. The manga-ka did pretty much leave their future for everyone's imigination. If people want to think they eventually fall in love, they can Very Happy ]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Why not?! spoiler[They are really similar these two and I would have liked to see them together. Takaya-san hasn't said anything about whom they might love in the near future other than the fact that they will do everything to be happy. Nonetheless I can still see these two together and have fun (cause definetly they would be a very energetic couple who needs some fun and entertainment Wink Very Happy ). Plus they like to play pranks on Kyo.... Remember Fricklness is bad? Kagura embraced Kyo while Momiji took a picture of the two of them. It was a really funny episode in chapter 132. I really liked the complicity that was settled between them. So I don't think that it would be impossible at all.] Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I think spoiler[it would have been funny if Momiji had shown the picture to Tohru. Then would she have left with him?] Shocked Also spoiler[this was the first that I ever saw these two interacting. There was nowhere else in the manga that you saw Momiji and Kagura doing or even talking to each other.] So I just guess that goes to show what potential there could be for these two.

BTW, tonight's hint: spoiler[He is a Zodiac, he is slow, he is BLACK] Twisted Evil
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:

BTW, tonight's hint: spoiler[He is a Zodiac, he is slow, he is BLACK] Twisted Evil

Well I certain hope that you give spoiler[White Haru] equal time!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 36 of 170