• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo Head: Tsunami is 'Divine Punishment'—Haruhi's Yamakan Responds

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
As my 12 year-old daughter would say, "What a butt!".
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Looks like its the last ramblings of an out of touch politician, desperate to blame anyone and anything for Japan's serious troubles right now. We need fewer people like Ishihara right now and more people like Yamamoto in the world. Hopefully we won't have to even pretend to listen to Ishihara and his ilk for too much longer. When are elections held for the Tokyo governor's seat again?
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Sadly, it looks like Ishihara has a supporter.

More like, over a 1,000 or so if you look at that video's Likes.

This is why I'm no longer religious.
Zhane Masaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I can sum Ishihara up in three words: "World's Biggest Douchebag".
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Calling it divine punishment...I won't be surprised if that homophobic bigot Fred Phelps starts a "God Hates Japan" website, claiming that it's God's punishment on Japan for tolerating homosexuality and not accepting Christ.

Ishihara is Japan's equivalent of Fred Phelps. These 2 are racist and they are both out of their mind. I'm waiting for Fred Phelps to attack buddhism so I can smack that guy. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned, for Ishihara to be making such a comment when Japan's prime minister is seeking aid from the US and other nations in U.N is not exactly the brightest moves. Seriously, just watch as the US suddenly backs out from aiding Japan because of this. Maybe that will help some people open their eyes to see just how bad Ishihara really is
Zhane Masaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I doubt the US will back out of aid, but Ishihara's clearly gone off the deep end with this one. He's a total [expletive]ing nutjob.
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, for Ishihara to be making such a comment when Japan's prime minister is seeking aid from the US and other nations in U.N is not exactly the brightest moves. Seriously, just watch as the US suddenly backs out from aiding Japan because of this. Maybe that will help some people open their eyes to see just how bad Ishihara really is

Why would the US back away because of what Ishihara said, exactly?

People also forget that large portions of other countries are also helping Japan, but I guess US is the major one since they are one of the first to arrive.
ZaCloud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
The Goron Marshall wrote:
Why would the US back away because of what Ishihara said, exactly?

Heh, maybe because...

The Goron Marshall wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
Sadly, it looks like Ishihara has a supporter.

More like, over a 1,000 or so if you look at that video's Likes.

This is why I'm no longer religious.

...you left religion because of what some idiots have said. Laughing

Seriously, psychos like that chick in the video are anti-Christ/anti-God/devil-worshippers, who use deception like that to turn people against religion by pretending to be representative of it and making it look bad. All you have to do is see that they're hypocrites and thus, are not religious at all. Or are religious to something different than they're claiming.

I don't blame you because they sure are loud, but they're not the real deal. Me, I'm not gonna buy into idiots' lies and give up my faith, because that's exactly what their mission is. Not gonna pretend God is the ugly image they go around saying He is.

Obeying idiots like that by giving up faith is like admitting they're right. Why would I wanna obey such (rear-end)holes? Not gonna!

Last edited by ZaCloud on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ZaCloud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
(Oh jeez, my messages weren't posting at all, then when I emailed the folks in charge, it brought back ALL my various attempts at posting. So sorry for all the multiple posts folks, trying to clean them up now. Mod can delete these marked messages Embarassed )

Last edited by ZaCloud on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
spoony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. It sickens me how many hateful comments I've heard since this disaster. And I was already sickened enough that something so terrible happened at all.

Out of curiosity, why does Yamamoto say that Ishihara can't speak Japanese properly? Does he have a habit of using bad grammar?
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Why the hell are people assuming this man will be re-elected? What has he ever done for Tokyo? As far as I know the country has been in a recession for more than a decade. Now it appears he hates his own people and has no sympathy for innocment men, women, and children slaughtered. What reason could there be to re-elect this nut job? Is the right wing in this country really that incredibly heattless and skummy?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I sincerely hope that the very next piece of news we hear about this sack of shit involves him getting run out of Tokyo on a rail by an angry mob. This is the very definition of human garbage.
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Why the hell are people assuming this man will be re-elected? What has he ever done for Tokyo? As far as I know the country has been in a recession for more than a decade. Now it appears he hates his own people and has no sympathy for innocment men, women, and children slaughtered. What reason could there be to re-elect this nut job? Is the right wing in this country really that incredibly heattless and skummy?

Japan's politics, Japan's choice. All we have to do is wait and see.

Yes I agree that this jerk should not be re-elected, but because I don't live in Japan, it's not my place to really voice my opinion on it. Same goes for everyone else here.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Given my opinion of Gov. Ishihara from how closely I was observing (with face in palm) his bigoted and hypocritical antics surrounding Bill 156, playing the God Card is actually something I'd expect him to say. I stood with those who tried to fight the passing of the Youth Ordinance Bill and the recent comments from Ishihara regarding the earthquake and tsunami really aren't surprising to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10