• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight: Spring 2012

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
I do not wanna sound like some cynical asshole but a show about fishing enthusiasts followed by what seems homoerotic atmosphere does not sound like GREAt premise.

Quote:
four boys go fishing

Quote:
homoerotic atmosphere

You sound more like a homophobe than anything else, don't worry about cynicism.

Also fishing is clearly 2manly4u[/quote]
So if I hate hentai does that make me heterophobe????
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

If done correctly, Sankarea should be on another level entirely. There's no mystery in that one, no ghosts or supernatural elements either. Sankarea's a somewhat disturbing horror romance. And by somewhat, I mean it's very sick.

The bits I had head of about that reminded me a lot of "Is this a zombie?" but with the female the zombie instead of the male. I guess from what you're saying, the tone of the series is rather different. I'm curious.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I must give the people responsible for Queen's Blade some credit. They do try awfully hard with all of that detail and plot. I'm staying the Hell away, but I can see a little of why things that don't jiggle might more than incidentally interesting.

A robot Elf with no feet? That's just fantastic.

TheAncientOne wrote:
At least the Spotlight gave a probable explanation for that "legs spread, crotch presented" pose at the end of her character preview:
Quote:
Furthermore, when doing so she must faithfully perform the “Sacred Poses” recorded in scripture.

In this world, people presumably read the Bible, "for the scripture."

well that nun sure did convince me with mouth wide open to accept god's warm grace.... dammit japan why do you make this so easy...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Second thought: Ooh, Sugitan is voicing the Indian guy! Wait, the Indian guy is wearing a turban...that seems a bit culturally insensitive. Confused

Apparently, you never saw Horizon. I would think an Indian with just a turban is the least of our worries.

Surrender Artist wrote:
I must give the people responsible for Queen's Blade some credit. They do try awfully hard with all of that detail and plot. I'm staying the Hell away, but I can see a little of why things that don't jiggle might more than incidentally interesting.

I'm eagerly awaiting Zac's epic review on this show!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

What's left for him to say aside from "Same old Queen's Blades. Fans are gonna like it, but it's not for me." The only way you can go into QBR with another viewpoint is if you don't like what they've done to characters like Aldra, Risty, or Tomoe, but that would imply you're already more informed about the show, the brand, and plot development than someone not paying attention.
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

What's left for him to say aside from "Same old Queen's Blades. Fans are gonna like it, but it's not for me." The only way you can go into QBR with another viewpoint is if you don't like what they've done to characters like Aldra, Risty, or Tomoe, but that would imply you're already more informed about the show, the brand, and plot development than someone not paying attention.

Ah, but his way of saying it is always delightful and amusing.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote
Tsuritama looks kind of interesting, but I couldn't help but notice the fact that the Yuki character is "1/4 Japanese" and apparently 3/4 French? We seem to be having a lot of these small-part Japanese and primarily European characters lately (a few other examples being Listen to Me Girls I'm Your Father and Darker than Black 2). I am wondering if this is some effort by authors to justify the age-old issue of "Japanese characters who just look like they're not Japanese." I suppose if you can say they are a small percent Japanese and speak the language, they can still be appealing to a Japanese audience, and it gives them a pass to give the character a more exotic look so to speak.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
tsuritama ill give a shot purely for Kuricorder Quartet
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

Ah, but his way of saying it is always delightful and amusing.

who knows maybe the nun character will give him some "faith"

On the the new tennis anime NATSU-IRO KISEKI... well it's not xebec this around with soft tenni and as some decent back up from the director FMA and UN-Go.. this might actually be decent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Orange Hollow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
About NATSU-IRO KISEKI. You know, I don't care anymore. Even if it will be as good as Hanasaku Iroha I'm not watching another f***ing slice-of-life show about 4 schoolgirls. Any new ideas, anime industry?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Why am I getting a feeling everything is not what it seems with that Natsu-iro Kiseki PV? Surprise me, Sunrise!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Why am I getting a feeling everything is not what it seems with that Natsu-iro Kiseki PV? Surprise me, Sunrise!

I had the same thought! At first, the super-short previews left me thinking it would be K-On! Redux or something similar; just moe-moe girls doing everyday tings in an overly cute manner, but with this longer preview and Mizushima listed as director, I'm thinking this could be anything but ordinary.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Natsu-iro Kiseki's premise sounds more like a drama than a slice-of-life show, though it's hard to tell since there isn't a lot of info.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
well now we have our tna anime with decent quailty this season... i am thinking of converting over to Christianity due to our new lovely nun Shigi. Her special training ova to convert pagans was very.. holy

There's nothing "Christian" about it. In the second series, they explained that the business with the "Sacred Poses" was based on a gross misinterpretation of a Kama Sutra-like book.

Still, QBR is definitely a series I'm looking forward to and will be watching. The previous two have been well-made in technical and artistic senses, featured higher-quality fan service than most, and actually had story and characterizations which go beyond the T&A content - though it still plays up the T&A at every opportunity.

I'll reserve judgment on Nastu-Iro Kiseki until I see what the hook is.

Last edited by Key on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
There's nothing "Christian" about it. In the second series, they explained that the business with the "Sacred Poses" was based on a gross misinterpretation of a Kama Sutra-like book.

Still, QBR is definitely a series I'm looking forward to and will be watching. The previous two have been well-made in technical and artistic senses, featured high-quality fan service than most, and actually had story and characterizations which go beyond the T&A content - though it still plays up the T&A at every opportunity.

I'll reserve judgment on Nastu-Iro Kiseki until I see what the hook is.

That was the joke key, still... it makes ones mind wonder....ahem
Orange Hollow wrote:
About NATSU-IRO KISEKI. You know, I don't care anymore. Even if it will be as good as Hanasaku Iroha I'm not watching another f***ing slice-of-life show about 4 schoolgirls. Any new ideas, anime industry?

wait I have a plot... what about a teen angst boy that pilots a mecha that can be the harbinger to the end of the world... wait... a minute...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 19