• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi-chan, Churuya-san Anime to Debut on February 13

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
All I knows is that KyoAni has spent the last two years making moe crap and that makes me hate at them.

Rolling Eyes
You can do that all you want, it won't magicaly make Kannon any better or turn it into Full Metal Panic: The Third Rush or The Dissapearance of Haruhi.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
And you can complain about it all you like, but that's not going to make me stop liking Kanon.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:52 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
well if its a Youtube video and the complete episode is on 1 video it can only be like about 10 minutes at most unless Youtube is different in other countries.

Officially licensed content isn't restricted to ten minutes per video.

i disagree because the Funimation episodes on Youtube are only like 10 minutes long so it takes like 3 videos to get 1 episode unless its different in Japan which i dont know because i only watch the videos from the American Youtube.

Last edited by KanonAirHaruhiShuffle on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
And you can complain about it all you like, but that's not going to make me stop liking Kanon.

amen to that Kyoto Animation they did such a great job on Kanon for the 2006 version. The Toei version it still had the good story of Kanon even if it wasnt as long of a series but the animation Kyoto used for the 2006 version of Kanon just made it so much worth watching. I would still like to have the Toei version licensed to America and if its not to much to ask maybe the videogames for Kanon as well.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:

i disagree because the Funimation episodes on Youtube are only like 10 minutes long so it takes like 3 videos to get 1 episode unless its different in Japan which i don't know because i only watch the videos from the American Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=FUNimation&view=videos

I see 23 minute videos listed for Shikabane Hime. Can't watch them due to region-locking, but I assume they work.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:

amen to that Kyoto Animation they did such a great job on Kanon for the 2006 version. The Toei version it still had the good story of Kanon even if it wasnt as long of a series but the animation Kyoto used for the 2006 version of Kanon just made it so much worth watching. I would still like to have the Toei version licensed to America and if its not to much to ask maybe the videogames for Kanon as well.
Kannon 2006 at least had some funny in it. Not enough to make the show salvageable, but funny none-the-less.

Kannon Toei is concidered a weapon of mass distruction and I'm certain opening that up for licencing is tenamount to an Act of War.
Luna Loving

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Ah, brilliant, new Haruhi. Now to inform my friends by shouting from the rooftops....

As for the issue on fansubs, I guess as it' s free to watch anyway, I don' t know whether it would be as bad as DVD released anime. A DVD release would change that, of course.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
well if its a Youtube video and the complete episode is on 1 video it can only be like about 10 minutes at most unless Youtube is different in other countries.

Yes, I've seen stuff on there that can stretch as far as up to two hours, and the Starcraft game videos that I watch from the pro leagues in Korea usually average about twenty to thirty minutes per game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3