• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood-C Film's Long, 'Unpleasant' Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Also, even giving Saya a girlfriend won't make me watch this. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME JAPAN!

Seriously? If true, that's definitely a bonus reason for me to pick this up! I guess Japan has made me at least.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
"Last Vampire" was set in the early '60s. I was born in '52 and grew up in the '60s. There weren't any cars like that back then. Attention to detail it's called. The problem with these are I keep looking for a prequel, or a sequel, and keep being disappointed by simple alternatives.

I'm not certain what you are referring to, as the scenes I was referring to were not meant to be in the distant past. Given that Saya is immortal, still doing the same work half a century later when she was captured wouldn't be unexpected.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Also, even giving Saya a girlfriend won't make me watch this. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME JAPAN!

Seriously? If true, that's definitely a bonus reason for me to pick this up! I guess Japan has made me at least.

100% serious.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
I see Watanuki from xxxHolic in this. So that makes Blood-C part of the CLAMPverse? Laughing

Wasn't it spoiler[implied that the dog in the TV series was Watanuki? He had the same voice actor.]

Huh?(O_o) spoiler[How did Watanuki get turned into a dog? I know that he couldn't leave The Shop due to his final wish and that he had live for almost 100 years but did something happened to him outside of the Xxxholic universe? ] Should I finish Blood-C to find out?
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
EmperorBrandon wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
I see Watanuki from xxxHolic in this. So that makes Blood-C part of the CLAMPverse? Laughing

Wasn't it spoiler[implied that the dog in the TV series was Watanuki? He had the same voice actor.]

Huh?(O_o) spoiler[How did Watanuki get turned into a dog? I know that he couldn't leave The Shop due to his final wish and that he had live for almost 100 years but did something happened to him outside of the Xxxholic universe? ] Should I finish Blood-C to find out?

Well... to spoil that point from the last few episodes of the anime, spoiler[the dog is following the wish of someone else to protect Saya. He speaks in the same manner as Watanuki and has the same voice actor, and he talks about his "shop that grants wishes for a price." It may be Watanuki as a dog, but it could also be a familiar of his or something that he's speaking through, as Watanuki is connected to the spirit world.] The actual reason behind it, though, is not yet known.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:

Well... to spoil that point from the last few episodes of the anime, spoiler[the dog is following the wish of someone else to protect Saya. He speaks in the same manner as Watanuki and has the same voice actor, and he talks about his "shop that grants wishes for a price." It may be Watanuki as a dog, but it could also be a familiar of his or something that he's speaking through, as Watanuki is connected to the spirit world.] The actual reason behind it, though, is not yet known.

Ahh~ I see. Thank you so much. ^___^
I might watch the film now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2