• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SHAFT's Prism Nana Anime Promo Debuts at Comic Market

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote
aereus wrote:

IMHO don't try to make blanket statements about shows, it usually only goes to show how few shows you've watched. It would be like me saying that Space Brothers is just like Planetes because they both feature space and astronauts.

Clearly Space Brothers is just like Twin Spica!

(there will never be more Twin Spica animated. Anime cry)
Momokochan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't care if it's a normal MS, it looks super cute campy and sweet! I'm looking forward to it, and buying all the nendoroids !~
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
THis show is looking good. Even it crashes and burns, I hope I can buy some figures for it at the next San Japan.
RoseTech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
TAKE ALL MY MONEY SHAFT

HA Enjoy paying $90 for each 2-episode disc! And when they release the box set, $400. They will be much obliged to take your money.

But yeah this anime looks pretty flashy. The PV looks like it's for an eroge, really. ...Will watch. Anyone know when this might even come out? I see no timeline information anywhere.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
RoseTech wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
TAKE ALL MY MONEY SHAFT

HA Enjoy paying $90 for each 2-episode disc! And when they release the box set, $400. They will be much obliged to take your money.

But yeah this anime looks pretty flashy. The PV looks like it's for an eroge, really. ...Will watch. Anyone know when this might even come out? I see no timeline information anywhere.

Um yeah, thats normal price. I'm okay with standard price.

Oh and that cover you linked is amazing.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
RoseTech wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
TAKE ALL MY MONEY SHAFT

HA Enjoy paying $90 for each 2-episode disc!

Well, I guess $90 would be accurate if you paid about full MSRP like that third party seller is selling it for. If you order it straight from Amazon.jp and aren't stupid and order only 1-2 discs at a time, its more like $75.

And yes, I did enjoy paying for that and yes, I will almost certainly enjoy paying that for Prism Nana.
RoseTech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
RoseTech wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
TAKE ALL MY MONEY SHAFT

HA Enjoy paying $90 for each 2-episode disc![...]

Um yeah, thats normal price. I'm okay with standard price.
Oh and that cover you linked is amazing.

Well it's not American normal price is all I'm getting at. And yeah I know right. Shinobu and her donut vampire angst moe. It comes with a pin-up too lol

HitokiriShadow wrote:

Well, I guess $90 would be accurate if you paid about full MSRP like that third party seller is selling it for. If you order it straight from Amazon.jp and aren't stupid and order only 1-2 discs at a time, its more like $75.

Well even with Amazon.co.jp's price (not in stock), buying a bunch at one time, with shipping, it's like $80 each. I'm really just comparing it to how much they cost here for shock factor. I know that the Japanese ones have tons of extra shit with them as well.

I would consider it if was something I really liked, and it had English subtitles (I would like to be able to actually use the Blu-rays if I got them). But good for you guys in getting yours, really. I have yet to find someone that actually buys the Japanese discs. Do you guys watch them? Know Japanese already?

"And yes, I did enjoy paying for that and yes, I will almost certainly enjoy paying that for Prism Nana." <= this is a true otaku quote, really Wink
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
RoseTech wrote:

But good for you guys in getting yours, really. I have yet to find someone that actually buys the Japanese discs. Do you guys watch them? Know Japanese already?

There's a number of us. Incidentally, that thread contains some answers to your question from other people. A few people know Japanese well enough to watch raw but a lot of us do not.

I know a little bit of Japanese (took 2 years in college, forgot a lot of it but have been self-studying a little bit since, but not nearly enough to watch without subtitles at this point. Only about three discs have actually left their packages and gone into my PS3 so far. One was for testing out my shiny new HDTV, one was to check out the on-disc extras, and I actually watched the first Nanoha movie, which had English subtitles. Oh, and I watched the first volume of Gundam Unicorn but it was the U.S. version and since that one had different packaging for the U.S. release, I don't consider that one to technically be an import.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2