• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beck Rock Manga Gets Live-Action Film with Hiro Mizushima

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
I love Beck manga, but Ryuusuke as the center of the story make the scritpswriters burn in hell. They would rather make an Axl Rose biopic, who is a less bastard than Ryuusuke.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
Alright, I'm a little confused. I saw the Beck anime and loved it, but that was produced a few years back. And now it sounds like the manga only ended last year, so are the two really different then? Knew not reading it would bite me in the butt someday...
Anyway, I could see Beck doing really well as a live action movie. Although I do wonder about the actors being so old, I guess this won't follow the manga from beginning to end then.
cruzceleste

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Alright, I'm a little confused. I saw the Beck anime and loved it, but that was produced a few years back. And now it sounds like the manga only ended last year, so are the two really different then? Knew not reading it would bite me in the butt someday...
Anyway, I could see Beck doing really well as a live action movie. Although I do wonder about the actors being so old, I guess this won't follow the manga from beginning to end then.

You could said that the manga continue after when the anime ended... anspoiler[d is like a second arc in wich Beck goes indie with a label in UK and a secondary character dies]... I love the second part even more than the first one...

Last edited by cruzceleste on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Nermal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote
@cruzceleste: you may want to put spoiler tags on some of that info for those who have not yet read the manga

While the idea of an ikemen band sounds exciting, I'm not sure how I feel about it for BECK. I would like to see something that has as much substance as the original, but I guess that's like wishing for delicious fat-free creme brulee.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, no complaints about that cast! Kind of funny that Hiro Mizushima & Takeru Sato are starring together again so soon after the Mei-chan no Shitsuji drama. As for Beck, I watched the first few episodes of the anime years ago and it just didn't grab me enough to continue; a live-action movie, however, is definitely doable for me (and, like I said, that casting doesn't hurt either). So Hiro's character Ryuusuke is a b*stard? Confused That should be interesting...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2