• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Sacred Blacksmith Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Hm, Fantasy anime. I wonder what the possibilities of it being licensed are.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
A moe blacksmith and her male companion who probably has a "dark" past that frankly no one cares about, but will explain because its so dark.

What a combination this is. And someone mentioned fanservice as well? Unless the cast are adults, I can easily see this being another show that has "dark" moments, but also packed with moe and fanservice.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
A moe blacksmith and her male companion who probably has a "dark" past that frankly no one cares about, but will explain because its so dark.

What a combination this is. And someone mentioned fanservice as well? Unless the cast are adults, I can easily see this being another show that has "dark" moments, but also packed with moe and fanservice.

...Really? Really? Cecily doesn't seem moe to me at all. >_>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Labbes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Labbes wrote:
Quote:
...but in what way is this an "unconventional fantasy"? The plot and the trailer seem utterly conventional to me. Guy with cursed powers and his female sidekick(s?) fight monsters with plenty of fanservice... what's so new here?

Maybe it's written without capital letters and punctuation.

I feel like an idiot for asking what the joke is here; maybe I should just pretend I get it. But here I go being a fool: Japanese doesn't have capital letters, so I know you've got to be referring to something else.

I totally forgot the Japanese don't use capital letters. Just me being me again Very Happy
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Labbes wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Labbes wrote:
Quote:
...but in what way is this an "unconventional fantasy"? The plot and the trailer seem utterly conventional to me. Guy with cursed powers and his female sidekick(s?) fight monsters with plenty of fanservice... what's so new here?

Maybe it's written without capital letters and punctuation.

I feel like an idiot for asking what the joke is here; maybe I should just pretend I get it. But here I go being a fool: Japanese doesn't have capital letters, so I know you've got to be referring to something else.

I totally forgot the Japanese don't use capital letters. Just me being me again Very Happy

I suppose they cold have written it all in hiragana or katakana - or substituted katakana for hiragana - or written it in the really early style where kanji were used to represent sounds making reading it a giant pain - but I'm guessing "unconventional" is just publicity BS.

Unless there's something they're not giving away in the trailers. Since both Ergo Proxy and Michiko & Hatchin did just that, I'm willing to lower my cynicism a little - but not much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2